Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 Murano SV, backup camera works fine but there is no warning chime when it gets close to an object. I have checked the setting and found no option to turn on or off. Any advice?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well thats dumb!
I have a 2019 so I’m not sure if it would be the same but there should be a beeping that occurs when you get close (yellow) that gets faster when you get to red. Did yours ever do it and suddenly stop or did it never alert you?

·
Registered
946 Posts
The 2019 SV trim's Premium Package adds front and rear parking sensors.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Just as mentioned above.. 2019 and 2020 have parking sensors which can detect how close you are to an object. 2015 to 2018 does not have sensors and only uses the camera.

·
Registered
308 Posts
2018 Murano SV, backup camera works fine but there is no warning chime when it gets close to an object. I have checked the setting and found no option to turn on or off. Any advice?
Yeah, sorry it doesn't have parking sensors, only the camera. It will beep if something crosses the path while you are in reverse.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah, sorry it doesn't have parking sensors, only the camera. It will beep if something crosses the path while you are in reverse.
My understanding and the way mine works, it will beep and light will flicker only when it detects an oncoming car/vehicle. If lets say my wife is walking behind car and im slowly reversing nothing will happen. I thought it would beep at anything that moved while backing up or the little red corners where supposed to flicker if something was crossing ur path?

·
Registered
308 Posts
My understanding and the way mine works, it will beep and light will flicker only when it detects an oncoming car/vehicle. If lets say my wife is walking behind car and im slowly reversing nothing will happen. I thought it would beep at anything that moved while backing up or the little red corners where supposed to flicker if something was crossing ur path?
Mine does the same, but I think it might pick up a person crossing the path too. I'm not sure but I think it did that to me at in a shopping parking lot. I will have to pay closer attention to give a definitive answer. (and try not to run anybody over)

·
Registered
946 Posts
This is my understanding...

Cross Traffic Alert warns of vehicles approaching from the side when you're backing up (using radar units located inside the side of the rear bumper on higher trim levels.) The same radar units are used for blind spot warning.

The Nissan Around View Monitor has moving object detection (MOD) that will warn about things like pedestrians or other objects moving when backing up.

For 2019, higher trim levels add Rear Automatic Braking (using the parking sonars in the bumper,) as well as forward emergency braking for pedestrians (using a camera mounted on the windshield in front of the rear view mirror.)

·
Registered
87 Posts
This is my understanding...

Cross Traffic Alert warns of vehicles approaching from the side when you're backing up (using radar units located inside the side of the rear bumper on higher trim levels.) The same radar units are used for blind spot warning.

The Nissan Around View Monitor has moving object detection (MOD) that will warn about things like pedestrians or other objects moving when backing up.

For 2019, higher trim levels add Rear Automatic Braking (using the parking sonars in the bumper,) as well as forward emergency braking for pedestrians (using a camera mounted on the windshield in front of the rear view mirror.)
What year was Nissan Around View Monitoring available? I have a 2015 Platinum.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Nissan Around View Monitor is the camera/software system that allows you to see a 360 view of the car's surroundings, and includes moving object detection (MOD) via its software.

I believe 2015 Platinum and SL w/Technoglogy Package has this system.

From what I can see, the technology was introduced around 2007 (though I don't know if MOD was included initially...) Page down a page in this link to see the press release I found:

The comment about its "four ultra-wide high-resolution cameras" is kinda funny! I wish it had high resolution cameras, it looks to be NTSC 480p at best...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts