Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple months ago I received a P0340 code and my murano would stall while driving.
I went ahead and replaced the camshaft sensor for bank 1 and the problem and code went away.

After months of running fine, I started to experience hard starting and the P0340 code came back. After replacing the sensor for the second time, I still have the same issue with starting and the same code pops up.

Could my new sensor be bad or could this issue be bank 2 or a faulty crankshaft sensor? If it was bank# 2, wouldnt the code be P0345? and if it was the crankshaft sensor, wouldnt the code be P0335?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've replaced my cam sensors twice. I've always replaced them in pairs

As far as codes leading you directly to a specific part, it doesn't always work that way. The sensors and the ECM work together in ways that can be hard to understand easily. Theoretically a crank sensor would trip a different code, but not necessarily.

I've got 154k miles on my MO and have replaced the cam sensors twice and never the crank sensor.

https://youtu.be/ClQwznPfjSY

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just replaced both of the camshaft position sensors in my 06 SE. They were probably good, but both had been leaking oil, and I was getting the P0340 code from the bank 1, probably due to the electrical plug being saturated with oil. Other codes included cvt codes P0725 and P1722 that popped up when my engine quit while driving, and engine codes P1421 and P0011 that accompanied the P0340 code a few times.

I decided that if I needed to remove them to replace the o-rings, then I may as well install new ones to eliminate them as a possible source of my intermittent problem. I spent considerable time cleaning the oil from the connectors, and drying them out before reconnecting, but it was time well spent. Several days and 100 miles later, the problem seems to have disappeared, and the MO is running like new again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hola buenas noches disculpen yo tengo el mismo problema con mi nissan murano 2005 lo sentía muy lenta no aceleraba bien.primero me apareció el check y decia que era el sensor del arbol de elevas lo cambie y cuando iva conduciendo se me apago y me volvio a salir el check y ahora resulta que era el sensor del sigüeñal lo cambie y he igual manera se me sigue apagando el carro nose a que se debe ahora la verdad ya estoy muy estresado y decepcionado ya nose que pueda hacer ojala y alguien me pueda ayudar:llorar::cry:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts