Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took possession of an '04 SL AWD this weekend and drove it back to N.O. from NY. I was warned about this condition, but due to some bad roads around Birmingham, I got to experience it and begin to troubleshoot it. The friend I bought it from told me that every now and then the left side audio would cut out and then sometime later come back. I hit a bump and it went out, so I reckoned it might be a loose connection. It seems that banging on the top of the console that houses the Bose unit will cause it to go out/come back.

Has anyone else had this and fixed it? Has anyone else had this coincide with the joystick ENTER button press not working and/or could this also affect power mirror controls?

The reason I ask about the mirrors is that they are not totally broken, but sometimes I have to "roll" the control switch around roughly before they will respond and begin moving.

Most importantly, does anyone have any tips about getting the console open and where to look for loose connections to the Bose. TIA!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know I posted this right before the server move - bump for attention!! :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nobody else losing audio when hitting a bump and getting it back if you bang on the top of the Bose?

Guess I'll be taking it apart this weekend! :D

·
ghost member
92 Posts
This had happened to me once, where the left audio seemed to cut out (2 weeks before my scheduled maint. too...) but i thought nothing of it since i smacked the side of the HU and it came back. its been fine ever since...but if you make any discoveries id love to hear em.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've had this problem with the left speakers for 6 months now. Dealer replaced the unit twice and no result. Now I also discovered that when I change to another CD in the changer, it sometimes brings back the sound in all speakers for a while. I'm taking it back to the dealer, if anybody finds a solution to this, I would greatly appreciate sharing that with us.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I read into that one, but at first it didn't seem to really apply to my problem since mine doesn't come back when I switch discs - only the banging will bring it back. After reading all three pages though, it does sound like the same cause.

As far as the mirror switch goes, I think the switch is either cruddy or going bad. I'm going to try to clean the contacts and see what happens.

Anybody have any thoughts about the ENTER function on the joystick? It may be the same problem as the mirror control. As soon as my AUX-In kit gets here... disassembly HERE I COME!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will do. Anytime I take my vehicles apart I try to take detailed photos of the process. I will probably not get to this until the PAC aux-in unit I ordered gets here (should be middle of next week) - trying to keep the number of disassemblies to a minimum...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Interesting resolution for this problem on my MO. After I read this thread 4 days ago, I went to my car and hit the passanger side console, right next to the radio. I just hit it once and ever since then, no problems. I hope it stays this way, and thanks for the ideas guys !

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope so too, but if it's like mine it'll go out the next pothole you hit. I'll just keep banging on it to bring it back until I get the chance to open it up and resolder it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow! I started to have speaker issues a maybe a couple months ago. Would get home after about a 30 minute HWY commute in normal temps and as soon as I got off the exit, my right pass. speaker would go "shrill". And with a hum underneath the shrill sound. Turning off the stereo did nothing. Turning off the car and restarting did nothing. When I pulled into my driveway with the car on and the shrill sound coming out of the pass. speaker, I also checked the pass. dash speaker and pass. rear door speaker and those had the "hum", too. But no shrill sound. I've tried "whacking" the pass. speaker, but nothing happens. Next day, car is fine. Will be taking to the dealer in the next few weeks, but they'll probably give me the "we can't recreate this problem" line again. The noises happen maybe once a week after the 30 min. commute right when I come off the exit. Any ideas?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks! I checked out the thread, but I know for sure the shrill noise and hum is coming from all speakers on the pass. side, even with the car off. I will have to try and see if it is still there with the key on Accessory next time I hear it, which is usually at a stoplight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts