Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brake pedal was going down if I held pressure on it. Just bled/flush with ATE blue. didn't change the symptom. I guess I'm stuck going to the dealer again. UGH!!!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Perhaps some more bleeding is needed. Sounds like there is some air in the lines.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Yes sounds like a leak in your brake system somewhere. I recently changed to ATE Superblue and found the pedal is noticeably firmer now. Good luck solving the problem, ekaxel.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gonzo:
Air in the lines results on a spongy pedal. When I am standing at a light the pedal goes steadily down to the stop with continued pressure. The pedal is firm and stops well in normal driving.

IMHO, the pedal going down is a sign of fluid leaking past a seal in the master cylinder...

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
IMO, if there is no leakage of fluid to the outside world, then the MC is the only culprit.

Homer

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
hfelknor said:
IMO, if there is no leakage of fluid to the outside world, then the MC is the only culprit.

Homer
As a former mechanic I also agree with the diagnosis.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Approval granted.

Homer

·
Registered
62 Posts
My master cylinder went out last August (search for my thread) and replaced under warranty, so it does happen. The brake pedal went all the way down, with nothing happening. I could pump it and get pressure. Very scarey, so get it fixed ASAP!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts