Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently brought my 05 MO SE to a local dealer near my house. I live in NJ but bought the car in California due to some circumstances, but ever since we had the car the steering pulls a little to the left. 10K miles later the problem only worsened.

I brought it to the nissan dealer near my house and they said it was aligned the first time i told them to look at it. Got the car back still pulls. Brought it back in, and they replaced the left control arm... But the car still pulls left.

What should I do? Bring it to a private place and pay out of pocket? Or try them again? Does this fall under lemon law?? Any help please respond.

Thanks
PK

·
Registered
842 Posts
Just like any thing else, get a second opinion. I personally would get a wheel alignment from Goodyear ( the OEM tire supplier) and see what they say about it. I think some one who deals with tires and alignment more often that a dealer may find something that the dealer may have missed.

If it turns out that the tire place finds something then you can return to the dealer and present the info to them.

Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Have them rotate the tires to see if it changes anything. Problem could be in the tires too.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
pk7683-

When they replaced the left control arm did that help at all? Or was the pull just as pronounced as before?

Have you rotated the tires since owning the MO? If so, did that affect the pull?

-njjoe

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
steering pull

Thanks for all the replies guys!

The first time they checked it they said they put it on "some machine" i don't know what kind of alignment machine they use but it said that the alignment was ok.

They also said that the tires were all rotated and aligned as well.

After the left control arm was replaced the car initially was better, but as it's now the 3rd day of driving after the repair, it's back to normal.

Things I noticed:
driving at about 55 60 mph on the highway the car would pull alot worse.

Looking at the steering wheel and looking at the left front tire, seems like perfectly straight on my tire is about 10-20 degrees to the right on my steering wheel.

~paul

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
pk7683-

Don't settle and don't give up.

If the dealer can not fix the problem to your satisfaction then I suggest calling the Nissan Consumer Affairs Hotline - (800) NISSAN-1 (or 800-647-7261).

-njjoe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, it's good to know I am not alone. What really worries me is to see that no one has actually been able to correct his/her alignment problems.

In my case, I sent my murano for the 40,000 km (25000 miles)service at the dealer, and when they returned the SUV, it had lost alignment and now it pulls to the left, wheel off center and everything. Since then it's been many returns to the dealer. They changed both control arms because they were damaged, but the car keeps pulling to the left (always to the left) especially if I am going fast (maybe 60 mph), and if the street is a little damaged or if it has a little decline to the left it gets a lot worse. (when the decline is to the right it actually keeps going straight instead of going to the right)

The dealer has given me many different reasons, including tire wear and bad alignment (the alignment has always been according to specs), they even took the car to an outside alignment expert, but so far the problem persists.

What I think now is that if the car was once aligned, there must not be a reason why it can't be aligned again. I am sure there must be something else damaged in the suspension but they haven't been able to find it. I am really picky, so I am taking it to a different dealer for one last try, if they can't fix it, then it's gone for good and I will never buy another nissan in my life.

Please, if anyone had the same problem and was actually able to fix it, let me know.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I tend to have my steering wheel a little to the right if I am in the far left lane--which is where I am unless I am going around Billy Bob in his pick-em up truck going his usual 70. :rolleyes:
It really didn't mean that much to me as most of my vehicles in the past did the same thing. If I move over (either on top of the crown or a little to the right of it) my steering becomes straight. The far left lane should be tilted to the left for water drainage. I am pretty sure that each of my cars wanted to go "down hill" if I was in that lane. There is squirm in the suspension for smoothness. Down is left.

I have experianced pull before, that was a whole different ball game; it wore the crap out of the tire on the offending wheel in nothing flat. Tie rod adjustment fixed it.

On a side note: I drove a cop car once--a vintage 1978 LTDII police interceptor (460 ci --absolutely no respect for rubber). It had bronze bushings with Zirc fittings (neat-O) for the suspension links instead of rubber bushed as normal cars do. It tracked completely straight no matter what the grade was--but you could feel a leaf on the road, paint stripes were bumps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts