Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh the agony, they got me. Actually, the wife called to tell me about the the wound the MO suffered at a parking lot. Of course I was not there, it never would have happened if I had been along for the ride.
Monday, got the "Dent Dude" coming to the house with his mobile fix it shop. The wife thinks I'm looney since yo have to really look to find it. Never the less, getting it fixed by the guy Monday for bout 85 bucks. They use a series of rods and taps from the inside of the door. The body shop says it's almost magical to see the guy make the dent disappear. Thank goodness there was not a paint chip just an indent. I'll let you folks know how it works out. I talked to him on the phone as he was at the BMW dealer fixing their dings. A good omen I thought, BMW trusts this guy.
Bob1

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry to hear, some poeple are so careless. Nissan sheet metal is just not what it use to be--same gage as Mercedes. Part of the reason they were losing money all those years.

Is it possible for you to post some before/after pix of the ding and maybe work in progress of the fix.

Thanks
KoKoMo

·
Registered
19 Posts
The paintless dent repair is really a great process. I had a door ding about the size of a quarter on the door of my Acura. 30min later you can't even tell were it was. I think it cost me about 80-85 dollars as well. Money well spent as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ding a ling, it's gone!
First an apology for not having a digital camera at my disposal as my son took off on vacation with it.
This my friends was an amazing thing to see.
The dent guy shows up and inserted a rubber bladder between the window frame and the body. He pumped it up like a blood pressure gage. He then insereted a cardboard protector in the slot to protect the glass. A large rod with a point was inserted in the slot, with a series of wiggles the dent has disappeared. No trace at all. Just amazing. Like fir0070 said. Money well spent and highly recomened by me. The enitire operation took just minutes. You pay for the guy's skill, not his time.
fir0070, I'll look for your black MO driving around as you are in my neighborhood.
Bob1

·
Registered
285 Posts
RE: Ding Ding

Side Body Molding...?

Before its too late.

Nizmo

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bob1, what color is yours? I'll keep an eye out for you as well, we are in PTC fairly often. Glad you were happy with the repair work, you just can't beat a good paintless dent repair man or woman as the case may be.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fir0070, Polished Pewter 04. The one with absolutley no ding in the door! Live near Publix at the bottom of Peachtree City. Maybe I'll see you there or Home Depot/Walmart.
I'll be looking for ya.
Bob1

·
Registered
38 Posts
Two questions about molding:

Where do I shop for molding, at least previewing products online besides ebay? (devoid of molding for murano today)

Can I get highly abrasive molding to "get back" at the careless clods that whang their doors into mine, such as a nice coarse metal-file surface, or optimally large metal spikes or saw blades? :3: (ok dreaming on the last two... but wondering. They would probably key up the rest of my doors if they got their door damaged, if its even legal).

I guess I was spoiled by my first year of ownership going by without a ding or door scratch, and then some scratches appear within a month or three of eachother on each side :3:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Check out the other post subject under "Side body molding" for more info. Yes, you can put side saw blades for those illiots with the careless hands...

Keep rollin MO's trainers!

Nizmo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts