Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took it to the dealer to have the battery changed. 2015 SV 60k miles. I had svc point credits and also wanted them to make sure there wasnt anything wrong with the charging circuit. Anyway they put in a new battery as that was all that was needed. I noticed on the way home all my settings (station presets, etc) were intact. How did they swap the battery but all my radio presets stayed in memory?

·
Registered
398 Posts
There are small battery devices that can be temporarily connected to either the 12V power port or ODB2 port to retain volatile settings during a battery swap.

·
Super Moderator
7,769 Posts
Or they never swapped the battery just charged it..😦
Or they never swapped the battery just charged it..😦
One would suppose that you looked at the battery before the event, and can tell whether this is true. One also wonders why you would suspect that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I removed both battery terminals a few weeks ago to clean the corrosion off the positive terminal. They were removed for probably 30 minutes or so. All personal settings including memory seats, radio presets stayed the same.
The trip odometer and the entry/exit function reset to default.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I could be wrong but i think these settings are saved to the SD card above the radio. It also holds the Nav system files. There have been other posts that when this SD card is missing some personal settings are not saved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts