Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about a week ago I replaced all my spark plugs and coil packs after a cylinder 3 misfire. After taking apart the air intake, and intake manifold to replace all of the plugs and eventually reassemble it all. The process took me a few days, all said and done went to fire it up and the battery was dead. So I charged the battery and it started up and ran great. About a week later the battery dies again. So I have the battery tested, it’s good. Charge again and test it with voltmeter, I get 12 with the car off and around 14.4 with the car on. Then the car doesn’t even make it two days before the battery is dead again. For reference, last year I replaced the alternator and the battery is labeled 2017.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
If that battery was the same one when your alternator died then it could be dying. If you got your battery from costco I'll just get a free replacement. If that does not fix it, you may have a parasitic drain going on which is a pain to track down. You tube has a few diy on how to find those PITA. Good luck. Randomly load test the alternator to make sure its charging properly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If that battery was the same one when your alternator died then it could be dying. If you got your battery from costco I'll just get a free replacement. If that does not fix it, you may have a parasitic drain going on which is a pain to track down. You tube has a few diy on how to find those PITA. Good luck. Randomly load test the alternator to make sure its charging properly.
Thanks so much for the advice. I will try that out. The battery came with the car when I bought it but maybe I will get one from Costco now that i know they replace them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts