Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have a 2007 SL Murano. My question is, can I use a battery from my 02 Xterra in my Murano? My Xterra broke down but has a new battery. Are they compatible?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Log onto any auto parts web site and put the info for both vehicle's and compare battery part numbers. If they don't match, check dimensions and location and the positions of the posts to see if they are the same. This should give you a good idea if they are interchangeable.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, can you recommend the best battery for my Murano? It's a 2007 SL .... The battery it has is a 24f but doesn't it need a 35? When it's cold out, it's very slow to crank

·
Registered
892 Posts
Any mid-level battery sold by the major auto parts dealers will do the trick and provide a relatively long life.

Myself, I prefer the Durcell auto battery. About $150, but full 3 year warranty without any hassles. You can go to any Battery's+ and they will swap out the battery for you. Here's their web site if you're interested.

Have a good day.

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
My general rule when replacing an OEM battery:

1) Find one that fits the space available
2) If possible, buy the one with more cold cranking amps than the original

Hasn't failed me in 50 years living mostly in climates with cold winters.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had similar issue (No acceleration) on new years eve, a quick trip to Sams Club with the battery (which had failed) and $108 for a delco 24f 890 cca and all issues were resolved, hope this helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts