Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During recent trip to the dealer I saw a new battery - see the photo. What is interesting Nissan is giving 84 months warranty!

I did not ask for price as I am going to get RedTop or Duralast Gold for the FX (2.5 years and I can "feel" the battery...). The Duralast Gold has been very good in Murano.

Anyway, if someone wants to get OEM here it is.

PS. sorry for the quality of the pic but it was just a phone camera.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Well I'm sure the battery they sell as a replacement is likely better than the OEM battery, which is meant to last only as long as the 3 year warranty period. Being an 84 month battery, I wonder who the OEM manufacturer is.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I don't know why others don't like the OEM batter that came with the MO. I've had mine for over 3 years... its going fine. In my other Nissan I had the OEM battery for over 8 years as I recall.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Kris-

Any idea on the price?

-njjoe

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, I did not even ask. Somehow was not interested. But I think given the fact it is sold through Nissan dealers it might be expensive.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Dat looks much heavy duty than oem battery which ended up in the trash can couple of month ago~

NZM

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
I was at Pine Belt (NJ) Nissan today for warranty work. I asked the part's guy about the 84-month battery for the MO. He quoted me a price of $69.95.

That's not bad for a 7-year battery.

-njjoe

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, that is cheap. I paid for Duralast Gold somwhere in the vicinity of $75. But I trust Duralast.....

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Gonzo said:
Its probably the same battery. :2:
I agree! There has to be some number or marking on that battery which tells you what the OEM supplier is, i.e. Interstate, Energizer, Johnson Controls, etc...

I think for $70 I'd prob go for one of Exide NASCAR batteries (supposedly more heavy duty) or a Sears Diehard Gold.

Although when my OEM battery gives up, I'd probably get one of the AGM type batteries (Optima Red Top, Exide Orbital, etc...) and forget about it for eight years. :D

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gonzo,

I know you live North so batteries lst much longer out there. My very first car battery (very crappy one!) lasted 5 years. I mean I sold the car with the original battery still in working condition!

In tropics I used to change batteris every 3 years. Same in Atlanta - actually 2 batteries failed here when they were only 3 years old. Both were OEM. So I am not taking any chances and replacing them every 3 years now.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
84 months here in AZ WOW

Is it a prorated warranty or replacement. If replacement I'll put them in any car I own.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Re: 84 months here in AZ WOW

GripperDon said:
Is it a prorated warranty or replacement. If replacement I'll put them in any car I own.
Sorry GD, I was focused in on the price and never thought of asking about the warranty details. I am heading back to the dealer next week. I'll get more info then.

-njjoe

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Enforcer said:
Anybody ever try the gel cells?
I had a gell cell in my 99 Miata. Purchased new in 99, but I only kept it for about 33 months. The battery was still going strong, but that is hardly a ringing endorsement............

I got rid of the Miata because, even tho it was a japanese car, and we all know that they build better`cars than the US (right?), they had a problem where several hundred/thousand were built with a bad machining on the crank bearing cradles and the engines would just blow up.
I was getting down to the end of the warranty (3 yrs/36K miles) and I wanted Miata to at lest warranty my car till 36K miles. I had the car 30 moyths, but it was a garage queen with less thaqn 20 K on it. I have honestly forgotten how many miles it hqad, but it may haqve been as low as 12K.
In any event, Mazda told me to pound sand and I sold the car and will never darken their door again.
Too bad. The car is still running great (with 60K) and I always enjoyed driving it.
I'll ask about the battery.*

Homer

* I sold it to a friend and told him the particulars. He took the gamble. And won.

·
4,994 Posts

·
4,994 Posts
I think I see the words

Limited Warranty on the first photo. So it is Probably a Pro-rated warranty. I assume Linear so 1/2 price at the end of 36 months. I'll still go for it. At least it gets me looking around.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had the Nissan 84 Month replacement battery put in my MO this past Monday, pro-rated cost @ 75% was $55. With only 34,800 miles, I didn't think the battery would die of natural causes that soon. I can't remember replacing a battery in my Toyota Avalon with so few miles. I probably would have opted for a Die-Hard Gold or Interstate under my terms, this blindsided me. :31:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Is the 84 month Nissan maint free?

Homer

1 - 20 of 20 Posts