Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Bay Area

I will be working in SF next week and decided to stay one day longer to do some site seeing. Basically I will have Saturday to kill. I will have a rental car so moving around will not be a problem. What is worth seeing out there? I do like nature and driving. Any advices?

Cheers

·
4,601 Posts
If you like twisty curvy roads through nice forests, I enjoyed taking 9 out to the PCH near Santa Cruz...

Then you can wander down to Monterey, do the 17 Mile Drive thing, visit Carmel, wander over to Laguna Seca and nose around, then on the way back, hit Gilroy and do some shopping, or just suck in the smell of all that Garlic!

Or, you can go north, to Wine country, Napa, Sonoma, etc...

Just two things to do, but there's lots in that area!

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
zebelkhan

thanks! I LOVE th efirst one! :D

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
One of the best drives in the world is the route up Highway 1, the Pacific Coast Hwy, north of the Golden Gate Bridge between SF and Petaluma. While you are at it, visit Muir Woods.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I have been there (visiting only :D ) three times and I would still go given another chance.

#s 5, 6, and 7 are also right there where you depart for the Rock so you can spend some time visiting them as well.

As jaak suggested, you can also go wine tasting by driving to Napa and Sonoma wine countries. Just make sure you have a designated driver so you can fully enjoy yourself.....:2:

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I need to take with me:
1. back pack with photo gear – to retain memories.
2. GPS so I do not get lost.
3. Autopilot so I can enjoy the valley to the “fullest”. :7:

Thanks everybody for suggestions. I think I will take a drive along the Coast and will visit some vineries. In the end I do support them………cabernet from Sonoma Country is not bad, not bad at all……

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Ah yes Highway 9 near Santa Cruz. Its been a while since I drove it, but I remember its as smooth as a pool table and great fun to drive. In fact, I remember cooking the brakes on my Maxima and then switching to Porterfield pads and rotors afterwards (which stopped the fading).

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
You don't even have to leave the city (At least not very far).

Just go to the Civic Center (On any map) and follow the Blue Seagull signs.
You will drive 49 miles.
That's what it is called and it is the best kept secret in SF.
So, don't tell anybody.

Homer

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts

·
4,601 Posts
I forgot about a lot of that other stuff! Wow... This is bringing back memories of my Honeymoon. (Where else would two high-tech geeks spend their time?) Two weeks in the Bay Area!

I like SF, but for me, I love driving the twisty curvy roads the best and the beautiful coast...

For wine country, if you can get some other people interested, rent a limo for an afternoon and go winery hopping! That's a heck of a lot of fun!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts