Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody from Brooklyn, NY who purchased their vehicles from Bay Ridge Nissan?
I bought my 2004 Nissan Murano from them and these guys are idiots! I asked them to install aftermarket alarm because I did not want to install it elsewhere due to possible void of warranty. Well these morons alegedly installed the system but it does work as I wanted it to work. Well for the past week they've been giving me a runaround about this trying to make me believe that Nissan factory security system is the one that they installed and that stock Murano does not come with any security system at all. Well after screaming and complaining they finally admit that they did install the system but it takes them forever to tweek it so it works as I specified. Thursday I brought the car to the dealer at 8:00 am, they told me it's going to be ready at 3:00pm. I came back at five to find out that they didn't even looked at the car. I already talked and filed complain with Nissan USA and trying to contact dealership's owner. Don't know where it's going. If anybody has problems with Bay Ridge Nissan please let me know -- together we have better chance to win the fight!

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
IMHO:
The dealer is the WORST place to have an aftermarket alarm installed! (unless they sub it out to an alarm pro).
Most mechanics are woefully ignorant of auto electrical/electronic systems, having been trained to rely on the fancy diagnostic tools.
The alarm pros are slowlly learning about the sophisticated wiring/computer systems on the new cars, unfortunately by frying a few!

·
Registered
746 Posts
That added to the fact that if they really want it, they'll steal it. Why go through all this stress? :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From experience that my friend had after installing alarm on new car at a place othen than dealership and experiencing electrical problems later, where dealership refused to fix the problems since they saw an alarm that was installed elsewhere. Since I am leasing my vehicle I did not want to put anymore expenses due to dealership's refusal to fix problems due to their thinking that problems were caused by "alien" alarm that I installed.
:11: Dealers SUCK!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts