Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the Murano has been on my radar for over a year now and I won't have mine until next month. However, my brother will be getting one this weekend.

I helped him "discover" the Murano and he decided he also wanted one when his lease was up this month. So, I found a dealer who had three built exactly the way he wanted and they offered to sell one for $300 over invoice with no dealer fee. Very fair in my book, so my brother will go on Saturday to close the deal. They just have to add XM for him.

I just can't believe he will have one before me! I guess that is the price I pay for wanting to order mine...hehehe

The best part for my brother is that this Nissan dealer also works with the leasing company his Passat is leased through, so he just has to drive his car there, toss them the keys, sign the paperwork and drive off in his brand new Mo!

·
Registered
62 Posts
$300 over huh...i got mine for around $350 under invoice, i read people here get it for $1000 under...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is about the going rate in south Florida. Plus, I suspect those people that think they paid under invoice either didn't take into account any dealer fees, had their finance rate marked up or they had a trade that helped to "cloud" the actual price.

Trust me, I work in this business and I know what you can and can't get a car for.

·
Registered
184 Posts
i just wanted to give my experience with buying my 06 murano. i got a 06 with touring opt, fake wood trim, sunroof deflector and floor mats. all for $32k, w/ ttl it was $33800. they gave me $6k for my trade in, 99 mitsubishi eclipse spyder. so i gave them a cashiers check for ~$27,800.
as i'm going on edmunds and getting the invoice cost of $33,088.
but i think paying by cash had something to do with them going lower...
anyways, good luck with you and your brother's new muranos.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not wanting to get into a pissing match, but invoice on an SL FWD touring with mats and sunroof deflector is $31,531 (BTW, thanks for using Edmunds!). The aftermarket wood costs the dealer about $100.

As for paying cash, most dealers would actually prefer you to finance as they get money on the back end from the finance company, whether it is NMAC, bank or some other lending institution.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Shappy,

I had a similar situation.

I bought my MO, my Sister saw it and bought one within a few months!

The only time it matters is when we're visiting one another, and they get parked side by side.

The SE vs. SL thing just gives us one more item to fight about! <add it to the brother/sister fight menu>

When will yours be in? And what combo did ya get?

(man, it seems like you've been around here awhile)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got an SL FWD white/beige with SL Touring, mats, cargo protector, mud flaps, sunroof deflector, wood, Navi and dynamic control package.

I am expecting it in around the 14th of May. I can't wait!

And yeah, I have been around for a while. I tend to start shopping for my next car the day after I get my current one. Having a baby (now 8-months old) sealed the deal that I needed something bigger than our A4 or Passat.

After driving everything I could think of, the Murano ended up being the best choice. I just needed to wait until I could trade out of our Passat lease early without having to pay anything extra before I could get the Murano.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
shappy0869 said:
So the Murano has been on my radar for over a year now and I won't have mine until next month. However, my brother will be getting one this weekend.

I just can't believe he will have one before me! I guess that is the price I pay for wanting to order mine...hehehe
Sibling rivalry!!! :D It never ends with some people. :2:

-njjoe

P.S. - Good luck with your new MOs.

·
Registered
184 Posts
you're right shappy! i did add it up again, i don't know why i thought the invoice was over $32k. anyways, mine has the splash guard as well, so it makes the invoice to $31,707.
so basically i paid $300 over invoice...
boy, and i thought i had a better deal...:eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Shappy, as awful as it is to wait just now, by the week just before Memorial Day you will have forgotten all about the pain of pining away for your MO. And you will take notice of just how much more you like yours than your brother's as it is going to be exactly the way you want it to be. No compromises of any sort. Please let us know when you finally get it home so we can share in the excitement.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Flutie7NFL said:
Shappy, as awful as it is to wait just now, by the week just before Memorial Day you will have forgotten all about the pain of pining away for your MO. And you will take notice of just how much more you like yours than your brother's as it is going to be exactly the way you want it to be. No compromises of any sort.
and....it is going to be newer too......:D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I just checked online and it is in-transit on a boat, ETA is the week of 05/12/06!:2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Now the countdown begins! It's almost like waiting for the delivery of a baby (except the MO will be a LOT cheaper in the long run). There will be excitement, picture taking and celebrating. And just like a new dad you will think that your new addition is the best looking ever.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Congrats.... Love our '06, you will to... (well not mine, but yours...)

BTW... I think you got a god deal, I got mine for $290 over invoice with very very minimal haggling.. just went to a great dealer.....

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, my brother got his Murano...and the dealership screwed up royally, in his favor!

He picked it up on Saturday and the payment was only $300/mo (on a 42 month lease). I had calculated it to be about $100/mo more. It turns out that, according to the numbers on his contract, that the dealership sold him the Mo for about $2500 less than they should have (and the price we had agreed to). Incredibly, this means he got his car for well over $2000 under cost! Clearly someone entered the wrong number in the computer.

I am sure that when the dealership does their monthly audit, they will catch the mistake. However, the contract states that any disputes must go through binding arbitration. It also states that the dealership is responsible for the cost of arbitration. Well, my brother is in law school and works as a clerk for a law firm and he knows that most arbitrators charge on the order of $5000. This means that it would cost the dealership more to arbitrate than they can hope to receive back.

What a lucky SOB my brother is!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Shappy0869

Do you work for Edmunds?? I have been using Edmunds for a while now and love the site. I am like you and usually start planning my next purchase the day after my last one. I am plotting a way to get back into a Murano without a Divorce. I think the Divorce will be much more expensive!! ;) Anyway good luck on your Mo.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
shappy0869-

Not only did he get his car before you, but now he has lucked out and gotten a better deal than you!! Sometimes you just can't win. ;)

-njjoe

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, the dealer called him on Wednesday, having realized their mistake, and wanted a new contract signed. After going back and forth, they all agreed to resign the contract for $350/mo...still an amazing deal.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts