Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 Murano SL

When sitting not running I got out to garage and there is a light beep from the engine bay area. Anyone else notice this and know what it is?

·
Registered
384 Posts
The only time I get a chime when the vehicle is off is when I open the door prior to shutting off the engine. I am sometimes too quick and open the door and press button at the same time. Sometimes I'll open the door just before the car turns off and I get a chime which stops when I close the door.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you leave the vehicle running and leave the car it will beep 3 times, meaning "hey knucklehead, the car is still running"! Which I and the wife have done at the store a couple of times. But never heard a beep when all is off.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its not that beep from the chime it is coming from the engine area and a very low beep, I hear it when I go to the garage randomly to get something.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its not that beep from the chime it is coming from the engine area and a very low beep, I hear it when I go to the garage randomly to get something.

I have it also on my 18. You are not imagining things. It is more of an intermittent whine than a beep. It is definitely coming from the engine compartment. I first noticed mine 1 1/2 hours after the vehicle was off while in the garage. I have a video of it because I figured the dealer would think I was crazy. At first I thought it was the ABS control module mounted on the passenger side firewall. The dealer kept the car for 2 days and of course couldn't replicate it. Another time I noticed it (in driveway), I was able to rule out the ABS. Dealer said whatever is doing it will be vibrating and should be able to feel it if touched (obviously do when engine is cooled). One trick a mechanic told me is to use a screw driver to touch the area and you should feel it that way. I don't have one long enough as it appears the sound is coming from deep in the compartment.
I'm going to try to post the video and see if its the same thing you are dealing with.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have it also on my 18. You are not imagining things. It is more of an intermittent whine than a beep. It is definitely coming from the engine compartment. I first noticed mine 1 1/2 hours after the vehicle was off while in the garage. I have a video of it because I figured the dealer would think I was crazy. At first I thought it was the ABS control module mounted on the passenger side firewall. The dealer kept the car for 2 days and of course couldn't replicate it. Another time I noticed it (in driveway), I was able to rule out the ABS. Dealer said whatever is doing it will be vibrating and should be able to feel it if touched (obviously do when engine is cooled). One trick a mechanic told me is to use a screw driver to touch the area and you should feel it that way. I don't have one long enough as it appears the sound is coming from deep in the compartment.
I'm going to try to post the video and see if its the same thing you are dealing with.
It sounds exactly the same. I had a video but upgraded my phone and lost it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I found the video but am trying to get it here

Maybe this link

https://youtu.be/dVxKxJefho8

Yes that did it

Thank you for posting the video, I've been unable to post mine. That's exactly what I have as well!! Dealer said bring it in whenever it is doing it but of course its after hours. I also haven't been able to pinpoint what driving conditions will recreate it. The 40 minute drive home from work, the 5 minute drive to the gym, etc. they have all produced it. Hopefully now that we have a video someone else might know what the issue is.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dam this beeping was worse today than before. Someone besides the 2 of us must have this! It is from the front passenger side. I started to put on ramps as it appears to be lower engine passenger side but when I did it stopped. Annoying as hell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We had the same issue with our 2017. Dealer could never duplicate. Tried to go to corporate because surely some one there has to know what component is capable of making that noise. They wouldn’t allow me to send them the video and actually suggested going to a different dealership.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its definitely not coming from the Airbag and I have a Ford and have owned dozens and never heard of this. It is coming from the engine bay somewhere on the passenger side.

·
Registered
384 Posts
So today while changing the rear brakes on the car I heard a beeping on and off for 3 seconds every 30 seconds. Initially I thought it was some outside noise as I've never heard this noise before but upon closer inspection it seemed to be coming from the engine bay. I popped the hood and began to listen around and it seemed to be coming from the area of the engine on the passenger side. Of course when I went inside to get my cellphone to record it, it stopped and didnt do it again.

This is the first time it's done this. The only thing that's different today then any other day is that I was moving the back rotor around back and forth while I was trying to take it off since it was seized on.

Anyone figure out what's going on with the beeping?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
7 Participants
vortex
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing