Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We test drove a Nissan Murano tonight. We really like the car, although there are a couple of things we’re not sure about.

1) It’s a 2005 with 97k miles on it. Price: $4995.00

2) after the test drive, we shut it off and a beeping started from under the hood. It sound like it was coming from the passenger side. Any ideas?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Was it keyless starter? If so maybe remote was away from you.
another Possible reason could be u didnt completey turn it off. it should rotate all the way so room lights turn on.
or the gear shift selector was not in P.
Btw yeh its great Car. Once u go murano u wont go back .

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
We test drove a Nissan Murano tonight. We really like the car, although there are a couple of things we’re not sure about.

1) It’s a 2005 with 97k miles on it. Price: $4995.00

2) after the test drive, we shut it off and a beeping started from under the hood. It sound like it was coming from the passenger side. Any ideas?
I would recommend having everything checked by a trusted mechanic before purchasing. I loved my 2003, but older Muranos have a number potential trouble spots that can be quite expensive to repair. The CVT alone can cost 4-5k to replace. Have the CVT scanned for trouble codes with an OBD2 scanner capable of reading Nissan TCM codes. Other expensive problem areas are severe corrosion in the front and rear sub-frames, tap on them with a hammer to be sure they're solid. Also have the transfer case checked, it's another expensive item for replace.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would recommend having everything checked by a trusted mechanic before purchasing. I loved my 2003, but older Muranos have a number potential trouble spots that can be quite expensive to repair. The CVT alone can cost 4-5k to replace. Have the CVT scanned for trouble codes with an OBD2 scanner capable of reading Nissan TCM codes. Other expensive problem areas are severe corrosion in the front and rear sub-frames, tap on them with a hammer to be sure they're solid. Also have the transfer case checked, it's another expensive item for replace.
Are u u saying newer mo's CVT's cost less?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! I appreciate it. I’ve decided against it. Just too many unknowns and this certainly doesn’t help the gut feelings. Thank you!

·
Registered
89 Posts
My 07 has 117k miles and I've replaced a number of things. The upper tank on the radiator busted, changed the radiator. The passenger side lower ball joint and drivers side a-arm bushing went bad, replaced both lower control arms. Replaced the struts and shocks. The a/c compressor clutch wore out, replaced the clutch and pulley assembly. The high pressure power steering hose is leaking pretty bad. Got a new one, but I haven't replaced it yet. If you do look at another one in the future, those are areas you can ask about from the owner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts