Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. My belt is starting to make noises at 90k. Anyone have suggestions on the best brand of serpentine belt to replace it with? Yes I know OEM but are there better belts out there? 2015 mo.

·
Registered
931 Posts
This is the one I bought, it is OEM, I replaced it at around 100,000 miles.

When it comes to belts, since fitment is very important , I like to use OEM, they are as good as any other out there.

I also used this trick when I replaced it:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the one I bought, it is OEM, I replaced it at around 100,000 miles.

When it comes to belts, since fitment is very important , I like to use OEM, they are as good as any other out there.

I also used this trick when I replaced it:
Thanks Assad. Will any UV protectant do for the belt?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Any UV protectant will do.

This is how I did mine, was very easy to replace, the one I replaced after 100,000 miles is on the right, new one on the left. It wasn't even that worn out...

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Assad,

Thank you for the pictures! I was hoping I'd find some pics to go by and here they are. I appreciate that!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Assad,

Thank you for the pictures! I was hoping I'd find some pics to go by and here they are. I appreciate that!
AutoZone can print you out a belt routing diagram. I’ve used their continental belts before and like them. I don’t know what the difference is between the two and rock auto. Me personally I much rather deal with a company in person whenever I can for my car parts. Easier for warranty and returns. If my memory serves me right the continental belt at AutoZone has a 3 yr warranty.

·
Registered
931 Posts
AutoZone can print you out a belt routing diagram. I’ve used their continental belts before and like them. I don’t know what the difference is between the two and rock auto. Me personally I much rather deal with a company in person whenever I can for my car parts. Easier for warranty and returns. If my memory serves me right the continental belt at AutoZone has a 3 yr warranty.
You can see how the belt is routed once you remove the tire, it is in plain view, and just take a picture before you remove it.

Here is the
removal and install guide

1 - 11 of 11 Posts