Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 without HID bulbs and I want a brighter bulb with the same wattage slightly with more of a white balance.

OK I have a question... after reading many threads (Gripper!) I've determined that I would need more wattage. Furthermore, without changing the wire to the head lights in order to support a higher wattage bulb there isn't much I can do.... in fact if I get more a blue bulb the lumes will be reduced and although it might help cosmetically it will not help in my end goal of more light up front.

Is my understanding correct? :confused:

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Yes, you understand it correctly...

OK I have a question... after reading many threads (Gripper!) I've determined that I would need more wattage. Furthermore, without changing the wire to the head lights in order to support a higher wattage bulb there isn't much I can do.... in fact if I get more a blue bulb the lumes will be reduced and although it might help cosmetically it will not help in my end goal of more light up front.
More reading on automotive lighting technology can be found here:
http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/headlamp-faq.htm

The better way is to do the retrofit OEM HID headlight system to your murano. I did it, together with Jack (not jaak). Pretty easy to do.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
The non HID is a 9007 bulb the HID is a HID-D2S

Here is one place for the setup, it requires, ballasts, wireing harness and lamps. You still won't have the adjustable leveler. Aftermarket HID are generally illegal and it will depend on the local gendarmes as to the problems. here is the site.

http://www.xenonking.com/5300.htm

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like I might try either the Sylvania XtraVision or the SilverStar.

Thanks for the clarification.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
This is offtopic, but this thread reminds me of another:
light bulb

·
5,268 Posts
Gonzo said:

SilverStar is better

·
Registered
289 Posts
Gonzo,
You might want to try PIAA Xtreme White w/XTRA tech. #19617 they are 65/55 watts = 120/110 watts 4000K without pulling more than stock amps.Or StarWhite #13907 65/55 watts = 110/100 watts 3800k.
from PIAA.com. They are not as inexpensive as SilverStars, but I talked to PIAA and they said the bulbs are not just brighter looking they do put out more light for the same draw.I am checking into H3 XremeWhites 55w = 110w.

·
5,100 Posts
I think I have a set of H3, 55W draw if anyone is interested, never used. $8.00

·
5,100 Posts
Just for some info:

Lux and Lumens and Candle power are measures of light output. Temperature of the filament or plasma is a measurement that relates to the color produced. Watts is, Amps times Volts.

When bulb sellers say equivalent of xx watts they are referring to a "way" of relating the output of their bulbs to a normal incandescent lamp. (say a 80watt filament with Argon gas surrounding the filament to a 55 watt one with Halogen based gas surrounding the filament) would both have about the same optical or Lumens output. This is why many times they say 55watt (80watt equivalent)

Then we move on to Xenon lamp. Read here for a very very short synopsis.

http://www.jwspeaker.com/hid_information.htm#

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
we got the sylvania cool blues after the filament in one of our piaa headlight bulbs fell apart. honestly i think that the sylvania's are whiter then the piaa's where. i could only imagine how bright the silverstars are.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've had several pairs of the PIAA Extreme whites (9007) in my SE-R Spec V. They are about the same as the Silverstars, but cost twice as much. My .02 is save the $$ and just get Silverstars, thats what I currently running in my heads and fogs.

·
5,100 Posts
MOpar Let us know the final result. :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Gonzo said:

Wondering if you replaced the lights, with what and did you achieve a brighter whiter light?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts