Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you guys recommed in the 19" size/brand. I was looking at the Proxys, but after reading that other thread, I'm kinda not liking them now. I'm looking at a 255/50-19 size wise (but not set on it) and would like something that's quiet on the highway, but also offers good wet/dry traction. Mainly a sport truck/suv tire. Not concerned about winter traction, for the stock wheels will be receiving a nice set of Pirelli snow tires once we get to AK.

So, anyone got any suggestions?

·
Registered
781 Posts
I've always been a big fan of BFG. I currently have the g-Force Sports on the Typhoon and am very happy. Dry and wet traction are very good. I haven't had the chance to use them in the snow - but they are a 'summer' tire.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ski Zero said:
What would you guys recommed in the 19" size/brand. I was looking at the Proxys, but after reading that other thread, I'm kinda not liking them now. I'm looking at a 255/50-19 size wise (but not set on it) and would like something that's quiet on the highway, but also offers good wet/dry traction. Mainly a sport truck/suv tire. Not concerned about winter traction, for the stock wheels will be receiving a nice set of Pirelli snow tires once we get to AK.

Go for the 18" Toyo's if you want to stick with OEM rims and keep the diameter within a hair of the OEM's while still having a 'plus one" up-sizing. I assure you, you will be very pleased. I have well over 2,000,000 km driving experience, and this is one tire I really, really like, expecially on the Murano. As far as noise goes, I rate them es equal to or better than OEM, keeping in mind I now have only about 4K on them, with an expectation of 70,000K life.

Cheers:7:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Ski Zero said:

You DO realize that you will have to buy four new wheels, don't you?
That's ok I guess if you want to replace the OEM wheels anyway.
But if not, that makes for some very expensive tires...:eek:

Homer

·
5,244 Posts
Last weekend I looked at my family member Murano. 26,000 miles and the tires have more than half of the tread left.........and I replaced mine at 28k......so it definitely is possible to get 50k out of them.

Given my experience I will say over and over again - stick with OEM's unless a good passenger car tires are available.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already have the 19" wheels picked out. I'm just looking for suggestions for tires. Ordering Wheels 1st of next month. Gotta pay off the CC first. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tires

I'm curently running 20's with Michelin diamaris the best suv tire in the business. very expensive but would recomend highly

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
the porsche cayyene's with 20's run michelin diamaris so if there good enough for the porsche than they should be damn good. i personally love the look of the g-force ta's

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
nissanlove said:
the porsche cayyene's with 20's run michelin diamaris so if there good enough for the porsche than they should be damn good. i personally love the look of the g-force ta's
The Toyo Proxes S/Ts were used on the modified Porsche Cayenne that broke the SUV land speed record. :)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
hey tyler are you going to be runnin gyour proxes for the winter??

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
nissanlove said:
hey tyler are you going to be runnin gyour proxes for the winter??
It depends on whether I get around to changing to winter tires before the weather gets bad and everyone else decides to. Last year I did, and they were about as good as the stock GYs, which is to say OK. If I get around to it, I'll be using the Dunlop Grandtrek SJ5s.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Looking over my MO's stock Goodyear's with 24K, I am not thrilled by the amount of wear showing. I guess I will not get more than 36K at the most from these tires.
On the other hand, My Altima came with Bridgestone Turanza's as standard stock tires. Get this, my Altima has 40K and the tires look new. I mean they look brand new with lots and lots of deep tread.
Do you guys think I may get that same tread life if I put them on the MO? I know the MO weighs in far greater that the Altima and I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. I am really happy with those Turanza tires on the Altima.
Thanks
Bob1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts