Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after calling several shops listed on the BG Products website, I finally found that my local CarMax actually sold BG44K. Everyone else would only sell the fuel induction service. CarMax, however, only sold the BG44K as a "kit" which also came with a can of BG Fuel Injection System Cleaner 9part no. 210.)

I take it that this cleaner is meant to by applied with a special shop air-powered tool. What can/should I do with the can of this stuff with which I'm now stuck?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Yeah it looks like the 9210 cleaner is meant to be applied with a special tool from BG. I guess in the future you can pick up the 44K off ebay, and not have to pay for the extras.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
ToBeAnnounced said:
Yeah. It's odd that it should be so hard to find in a shop, but it was.
Well I'm sure they'd rather sell you the full blown service for $250, then just the "parts" which probably cost $25.

I try to catch two web broadcast car themed radio shows - Bobby Likis Car Clinic, and The Texas Car Doctor. Both are sponsored by BG, and its almost disgusting how much they pitch the BG product. Customer calls to say they have a check engine light on, and they are told to bring their cars in for the "summer BG special" - i.e. let us empty your wallet with unnecessary services! I prefer listening to NPR's Cartalk because at least they don't ingratiate themselves to their sponsors.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Almost sounds like a thinly-veiled infomercial. :2:

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
njjoe said:
Almost sounds like a thinly-veiled infomercial. :2:

-njjoe
bobby likis' program is literally an infomercial, and he is rather condescending to his callers

skeeter (the texas car doctor) actually offers real car advice and sounds like a genuinely honest mechanic

You can catch Skeeter on www.texascardoctor.com

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know, the Goss' Garage radio show out of DC (he also does some chats for the Washington Post) is exactly the same way. Every other thing out of Pat Goss' mouth is BG44k or BG-something...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts