Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

I have decided to replace the OEM orange screen with a colour LCD. I have a few questions for those who have done this already...

1. what is the largest sized screen you can fit here? I think some of you have fitted 7" Liliputs. Was this a straight swap? did you have to take the LCD out of its original housing to fit?

The OEM screen is 5.8" so will fitting a larger size mean the dash shroud will cover part of the screen up?

2. How did you power the new LCD? Do you tap into the existing OEM screen harness for power?

Thanks in advance for any responses. I am sure I will think of more questions later but I dont even have my car yet :(

We are lucky though cause our MOs dont require the screen to function so we can easily swap them.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
1- The OEM screen is actually inside a metal and glass housing that makes it look like a 7 inch. A 7 inch liliput with its housing will fit right in. I sanded the bottom 1 inch of each side of the housing (about 1/32 of inch) to make it fit better but you can force it in there if you want!

2- Don't know about the new ones but the older liliputs require voltage regulation so I use my carputer PSU to power it. If the new one needs it (check the specs before you buy it), you can still power it directly from a hot wire in the car but then you need to use something to regulate the power going to it. For that you can use the car power cord that comes with the liliput. It has an egg shaped device that has a regulator built in.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would anyone have the dimensions of the OEM screen in its glass and metal housing?

I need the height, width, and depth in cm's if possilbe :)

·
5,244 Posts
bigdongers said:
I need the height, width, and depth in cm's if possilbe :)
If it just happened that you got the measurements in inches - 1"=2.54 cm..........but you knew that, didn't you.......;)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Biggest sized screen to fit OEM location?

zebelkhan said:
1- The OEM screen is actually inside a metal and glass housing that makes it look like a 7 inch. A 7 inch liliput with its housing will fit right in. I sanded the bottom 1 inch of each side of the housing (about 1/32 of inch) to make it fit better but you can force it in there if you want!
Hi zebelkhan,

Can you tell me how you route the cables for the lilliput? From what I can see, the lilliput has the cables on the right hand side so does the MO's opening have enough space to clear the lilliput wiring? I am guessing the wiring gets tucked behind the screen.

also did you keep the factory LCD bracket and use it with the Lilliput? Please see pic for what I am talking about...

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Biggest sized screen to fit OEM location?

bigdongers said:

Hi zebelkhan,

Can you tell me how you route the cables for the lilliput? From what I can see, the lilliput has the cables on the right hand side so does the MO's opening have enough space to clear the lilliput wiring? I am guessing the wiring gets tucked behind the screen.

also did you keep the factory LCD bracket and use it with the Lilliput? Please see pic for what I am talking about...
I did not use the OEM brackets.

My older liliput has the VGA cable in the bottom of the housing with power and USB cable thing on its left. The USB plug was in the way for perfect fit and Since I did not want to change anything OEM on the car and I already had the liliput housing open, I just routed (resoldered) all of the wires to the bottom of liliput, zip tied to the back and then down into the center consol to under the seat. You may be able to do it a different way without rerouting wires that come out of the liliput by making small alterations to the piece of plastic tab where the OEM screen sits on. There is plenty of space behind the screen. I actually used a piece of foam to help hold the liliput in place and against the shroud.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts