Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody tried to fit mountain bike with 40/60 rear seat folded in upright position after removing front wheel and steatpost ?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have a downhill rig, and even with front wheel off, it won't fit, but I have 8" of travel front and rear....so if ya downhill..not a chance. Maybe a cross sountry bike with front tires and wheels off...

·
4,664 Posts
Good to see NNA is telling you to not put inside, what they've been slow to provide outside...:rolleyes:

·
4,664 Posts
My bike rack is on the trailer hitch, as I don't want the inside of the Murano covered in Mud.

I love water crossings!

I find it interesting that the Murano's rear seats fold down, with no protection for the front seats, so you can put in large objects, yet our accessories engineer is telling us not to put anything heavy in.

I guess it's in case you have to load up with a large helium filled balloon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if I decide to carry my bike in the back of MO first thing I'd get is a clear plastic from Home Depot and roll it onto the back of the seat. Although I carry my bike inside my truck right now and do same with skis (not to get them sprayed with salt and sand) it seems to me that Nissan guy has some good points about safety.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I put a leather love seat in the other day when I helped my friend move. Could have closed the back completely if I had slid my seat forward an inch or two. There is a "lot" of space back there. Would have been way more damaging than that bike in a wreck but the thought never crossed my mind till I saw this thread.

·
5,268 Posts
In some countries every station wagon has a safety cage behind rear seats. For safety reason

I think the Nissan engineer is right, if they put bike rack inside it would mean you can carry bike inside and Nissan "recommends" it. Can you imagine all the lawsuit after first accident?

Now Nissan can simply put warnings...............

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
check this out. It's so easy in the Pilot
PHP:
[URL]http://www.hondacars.com/images/2004/pilot/customize/PILOT04237_mid.jpg[/URL]

·
5,268 Posts
OK, go and get the Pilot...........

I stick with the MO...........I do not need an SUV............If I needed one it would be a completley different story

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I agree.

Compared to the Murano, the Pilot is a school bus.
Kinda looks like one too.
Come to think of it, it handles like one, too.

But you can put a bicycle in the back.:D

Homer

·
4,664 Posts
Everything else aside, why would you want to put the bike inside anyway? Well, unless it's a roadie bike. In which case you could secure it to one of the child car seat tethers, if you're worried about being impaled by it.

Anyway, if Nissan was so worried about this, where's the roof rack bike mount? They don't actually care, they just don't want to get sued.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Hauling

The biggest thing I hauled (so far) was a full size Video Arcade Game. The MO just about swallowed it whole. I even had a passenger in the rear drivers side seat! I won't even tell ya about the dishwasher I carried home with both rear seats upright. Don't forget an entire foursome with golf clubs and enough luggage for the weekend. (beer too) Cargo room? Two words: Plen Tee.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts