Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well we finally decided on tires for the tme being. they just came out on the market. they are 265/60/18 bridgestone dueler hp sport. pretty darn wide tire and sticks like glue. we have the 30 day trial on them right now and if they don't turn out to be so good, then it's the toyo's up next. the bridgestones are true high performance truck/suv tires based off the RE05 tires. they are about as loud as the goodyears, handle way better, look like they will last longer, and are pretty much the same comfort wise. here are some pics.

haha and yes i now the center cap is "blue" chrome haha.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
nissanlove-

Nice rubber. They look very w-i-d-e. I assume you switch over to winter tires for the nasty stuff, yes?

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well for the time being the goodyears will have to do for the winter but once those wear out then yes, there will be dedicated winter rubber.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Nice looking tires. Yeah if I had no snow, I would go for a set of summer tires in a heartbeat. There is simply no comparison between all season tires (no matter what "performance" claims they make) and a summer tire.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so far this is the only "high performance summer tire" available in the murano's size. the others are all high performance all season. we have both summer and winter tires. worthy investment since you get essentially twice the life span of running just a single set of tires.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
some more pics taken with my camera phone from before and one during the trip

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ANNNNND some more pictures taken today as i was waiting for my grandparents to make a deal on a house. man the market is insane for homes here. this sucker was sold in 24 hrs. oohh and this is 2 weeks after first application of 2 coats of zaino. washed it once since then.

hmm 3 sun reflections in 1 panel... it's gotta be the zaino

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
That is the size I was thinking about getting... funny in the pictures they don't look wide to me. 8 or 9" in width?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah they don't look wide but they are. tirerack states them at 8.5 inches wide i think. it's weird because sometimes i look at them and they look like monsters and other times they look stock. the size is 265/60/18. i think it's just the muranos shape(especially with the bulbous rear) that makes them look small.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts