Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why the pattern of black dots is there behind the mirror? I need to have my glass replaced, and I dont know if the local auto glass place will have the dots. I'm thinking they are just to reduce sun glare behind the mirror. Any ideas?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I think you've nailed it... to reduce glare and possibly to hide any unsightly items (mirror arm?)

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
dalsox said:
Does anyone know why the pattern of black dots is there behind the mirror? I need to have my glass replaced, and I dont know if the local auto glass place will have the dots. I'm thinking they are just to reduce sun glare behind the mirror. Any ideas?
dalsox-

I wouldn't worry about the replacement windshield. I have had windshields replaced numerous times and the replacement glass was always identical to the OEM.

If you still have a concern, contact your local glass place and ask about the similarities of their glass to your OEM unit. You have a right to ask, since you (or your insurance company) are paying for the windshield.

-njjoe

·
Registered
415 Posts
Reduces sun glare...Also, all the windshields that I've had replaced, I have always gotten OEM through the glass company.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts