Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im buying an 06 SL this weekend with charcoal interior. I will be getting the touring package with it. However, im torn between super black exterior or midnight blue. Help me out! Im going to have to drive much farther to purchase the blue one however the black one is pretty close.

Also, the vehicle already comes with cargo area protector, floormats, splash guards, and roof rails. Any other accessories i might ask the dealer to throw in?

Thanks!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Black is a pain in the arse to keep clean. Blue is slightly better.

Both colors look great when they are clean. Black stays clean for 5 minutes blue stays clean for 10.

:)

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I have the Black. (GM's right, it's sweet when it's shiny)

I like the Blue too.

I saw a white one yesterday, man it was sweet!

That copper color is a real eye catcher too.

I really like the Burgandy...

Black? Blue? I don't think it will really matter.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Had a black Maxima before, now a blue Murano. Can't go wrong with either, but I admit I prefer the blue.

·
Registered
389 Posts
GMTURBO43 said:
Black is a pain in the arse to keep clean. Blue is slightly better.

Both colors look great when they are clean. Black stays clean for 5 minutes blue stays clean for 10.

:)
LOL... no joke! I have Midnight Blue... and it shows dust almost as quickly. I prefer the blue however... it shows streaking/scratching less than the gloss black. ANY imperfection on Black paint will show. But the MO looks reallyi awesome in black when clean.

Bob

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
both a very difficult colors to care for but the blue looks great when the sun hits it because of the mettalic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now, after looking at the pics on this webpage, im liking the white with tan interior. Ahhhh, I dont know what to pick. Is the cafe latte leather hard to keep clean? It looks so nice though...

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Christopher said:
Now, after looking at the pics on this webpage, im liking the white with tan interior. Ahhhh, I dont know what to pick. Is the cafe latte leather hard to keep clean? It looks so nice though...
I have super black but would have loved to own white with tan leather and gold trim.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Christopher said:

I have owns 3 black cars before and the glacier pearl(white)is the best color I have own just because the main fact that I dont have to be all over the car all the time to keep it clean and also white cars are one of the favorites colors in cars by consumer.
I love the 2 tones color combinations in the cafe latte int.
Go to the dealer and compare int. you will see the difference, cafe latte looks to me more classy than dark colors int.

·
5,244 Posts
I love the blue. I would however go for white. I have Gold and it is basically maintenance free, though right now I would go for white. Murano looks great in white.....

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i love my white with tan leather. dosn't show scratches but deep chips show greatly.(grey metal)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Black or Blue

Also, the vehicle already comes with cargo area protector, floormats, splash guards, and roof rails. Any other accessories i might ask the dealer to throw in?
My choice would be the dark blue. The dealer I bought mine from had a blue demo and I liked it although I do prefer lighter colors. I have had black cars before and the dark colors tend to heat up too quickly in our very hot summers and as others have said before it's hard to keep black clean.

I ended up buying a platinum Mo. which is really a fancy name for silver.

As far as external accessories, I had the weathershields fitted to both front side doors and they really keep the wind away when the windows are down. Great on nice days.

I know you'll enjoy whichever one you get!!

·
Registered
781 Posts
I think the blue w/cafe interior is a killer combo - mix that with the chrome SL wheels and :eek: :cool: :D

We test drove the white w/cafe - I felt like I should be driving in Florida (no offense Homer). It just seemed like it'd be more at home in a retired couple's garage.

White w/black - very sharp. That was the same combo I had in the Typhoon. Black leather is HOT! (and not in a sexy kinda way).

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Take a look at the new RED!! That's sharp!

-njjoe

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have had the BLACK murano for almost a year now. If you have a lot of extra time i would suggest the black. By extra time I mean so u can be out in the garage every day. Black is beautiful when its clean. But if you live in a windy area forget that color. A good supply of cleaning towels should come with the murano.:7:

·
Registered
828 Posts
Stand out from the crowd.... get silver LOL.

If I'd do it again, I'd go for white.

·
Read Only
554 Posts
I ascribe to the Henry Ford principle of car color "They can have any color they want so long as its black." :p :p

I love my black Murano with tan interior. The contrast in colors is sharp. I also find that the heat is not an issue with the black Murano - specially after opening the sunroof.

Of course, I'm a bit biased. My last car was a black Chevy Camaro. The car before that was a black Nissan Sentra SE (the slightly sporty version sold in '87).

·
Registered
94 Posts
Jim C.....I had a black '90 Sentra SE. Great car but showed swirl marks like mad. From that went to a white '99 maxima SE 5 speed. Now on to silver. The silver looks good dirty, and looks really good clean.
I used to spend alot of time washing the rides, but now that I have a 65 mile commute one way, I don't really worry too much about it. I get hit by all sorts of things, rocks, pieces of tire, even a shoe once, and once it rains or snows, it's back to dirty.
As far as colors go, the blue is sharp, but so is the black. I would go with the blue, with caffe interior. Just my 2.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts