Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my recent golf adventure my foursome rented a Chevy Trailblazer for the week. I was the wheelman for the trip and put about 250 miles on this SUV. Here's my random thoughts...

I first hopped in and drove back to pick the boys up at baggage claim. When I got there I had to quickly figure out how to drop the third row seats back flat so we could load up the gear. It was pretty confusing, there was this flat boardlike thing that really didn't do anything but take up room. The seats finally flipped down and we were able to load her up. The cargo area was really quite roomy. It easily fit all of our suitcases and golf bags. So far, so good.

We all piled in and the first thing the guy behind me said was: "Can you move that seat up a little, I have no legroom". Now that's just wrong. I mean here's a truck that's way bigger then my Little MO, and the average size guy sitting behind me doesn't fit! I have never had a complaint about the rear seat legroom in my MO. That's the price you pay for the third row seat, row 2 legroom is horrid.

The truck handled quite nicely. It rode a little rougher then I was used to, and of course it being a rental was driven quite harshly. What fun! I even drove it right over those parking blocks in our hotel's garage. She barely blipped.

Once a young (15ish) girl ran right out in front of me. I was doing about 30 and she bolted out from the curb. I stomped on the brakes and swerved to the right. I was impressed with the stopping power of the truck. We were fully loaded and it stopped, maybe not on a dime, but quick enough for that kid to enjoy the rest of her spring break. The guy riding shotgun with me nearly crapped himself, but all was well.

The truck had nice pickup, although you could see the gas guage move downward when you jumped on the pedal. I know my MO would dust this thing with no problem whatsoever. The cornering, although tight, was no where near the crispness of your MO. The ride was tolerable, and it parked and handled just fine. All in all, it was a pretty nice truck.

I average about 15 MPG which really wasn't that bad considering the load we carried and the way the truck was driven.

The styling was quite boring, the interior was average GM.

That's my report. I have no regrets choosing my Murano over this truck. For my needs, there's no comparison.

·
5,268 Posts
I rented a TrialBlazer as well. Twice recently – once in Dayton, OH and last weekend in Honolulu. I can only say I have never driven such a s……car before. The handling – I almost lost first bend, no response, wobbly, car leaning during cornering, brakes so, so, engine – we laughed when I tried to accelerate. Engine just screamed, no pick up though.

A friend of mine who always had Buick LeSabre and hates SUV commented: now you know why I do not drive an SUV. I said – never again a Trial Blazer. But then again sometimes that all they have at rental places……

Murano ALWAYS amazes me when I return from my business trips………..handling, styling, performance, engine sophistication, and on and on and on……………..

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had rented one as well, and my biggest complaint was handling. It was AWFUL. It was like driving a whale. And the gas mileage only served to prove that I indeed WAS driving a whale.

I was pretty dissapointed in it, I was expecting better, as I did like the styling (but not as much as the MO)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I can't say the same wouldn't happen in the MO but I was a passenger in the trail blazer and se got stuck in about 4 inches of snow. (Driver issue). I was so tempted to go back to the same spot with the MO and see what would have happend.... but I chickened out.

I wasn't impressed with the interior but it was quiet over bumps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts