Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2003 Murano and my wife blew a tire yesterday. Got the spare on for now, but of course there's a huge tread difference.

I'm from Calgary so snow performance is a big factor, as is dry driving performance and comfort.

Normally I'd take a lot of time to research the options but we were on a family road trip next week, and if I'm going to replace all four tires I don't have much time to make a decision (if they have to order them in, maybe not enough time even now).

So anyway, any recommendations on tires?

The Yokohama Geolanders seem to be popular, but I'm concerned about putting a truck tire on and the loss of comfort.

Is 265/60 the size to go with?

Thanks in advance, I normally wouldn't post like this without doing more research up front, but time is a big factor.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Photon,

Check out this thread on the Geolanders: http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3269

Pay close attention to Kris's review of the Goelanders. He put a set on his car and was not all that thrilled with the ride. You can also see what others have experienced. And like Homer states in the thread, don't put too much emphasis in ratings listed on the Tire Rack (and other) sites. They are not scientific ratings.

-njjoe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, just finished though that thread. After looking around I'm almost leaning towards going with the GY tires.

Called the dealership and of course that's what they recommend.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
All in All IMO the Stock is best

:)

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I have had no issues with the Yoko Geolandars and feel they are better than the stock tires in everyway. But thats just my experience (after around 10,000 miles on them).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, those ones are the right size, but I can't say I care for the look very much. Too much like a truck.

But maybe I'll go check them out in person.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
photon said:
Hm.. I've found these tires:

http://www.hankooktire.ca/product/tire_light_truck_detail.asp?pid=55

Which come in the exact size.

Can't find much info on it though as it seems to be a new tire.

Might give these a try.

EDIT: Is it ok to go with only replacing two? Or do I have to do all four?
photon -

If you can swing it, I'd go with four.

If you have AWD, then I would definitely go with four. You want all four tires to be the same circumference otherwise the AWD will start acting goofy.

However, if you do go with just two, it is best to put the new tires in the rear. I always thought the best tires had to go up front (especially on a predominantly FWD car like the MO), but some of the guys on this forum convinced me otherwise a few months back.

-njjoe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, thanks.. yeah I'll probably go with four.

Those Hankook tires don't seem to be available in Canada yet, and the Geolanders I can't find in Calgary either, they'd have to bring them in and we're supposed to leave on Thursday. I'm going to see Monday if they can courier them in and how much extra that would be.

My options are running out, I might have to go with the Goodyears :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts