Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got two little round mirrors that swivel and put one in the lower inside corner of each mirror. It greatly improved my visibility in the blind spots and are VERY helpful on the highway. I don't have to keep wrenching my neck to look and make sure no one is coming up on the drivers side when I switch lanes.

And they come in handy when parallel parking.

$4 at Advanced Auto.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Krzydmnd said:
I got two little round mirrors that swivel and put one in the lower inside corner of each mirror. It greatly improved my visibility in the blind spots and are VERY helpful on the highway. I don't have to keep wrenching my neck to look and make sure no one is coming up on the drivers side when I switch lanes.

And they come in handy when parallel parking.

$4 at Advanced Auto.
Could you do a write up of this with some photos? I'd love to do this mod! How long did it take? Part numbers!!!

:2:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
hey enforcer- is that a pic of your old murano SE?? looks that way by the rims.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
nissanlove said:
hey enforcer- is that a pic of your old murano SE?? looks that way by the rims.
Yep, only stock photo I have showing the spot mirrors. It's been raining when I have time to take pics and I haven't had a lot of time to take pics lately. But I did put them on the '06. I put them on all my vehicles and yup even the Z.

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
I had some mirrors like that before...
But, I removed it after didn't help much.
Instead, I sit little higher now to get a better view on my sides.
No problemo now..

NZM

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I too have those mirrors. I like them to help with parking so I can see the ground marking when fitting in to a space or next to a curb.

However the bigger issue here is that most drivers do NOT have their side mirrors adjusted correctly.

If you can see the side of your car then they are NOT.

To adjust them correctly do the following:

Driver's side Mirror:

While in the driver's seat lean your head against the front drivers door window. Adjust mirror until you can just start to see the side of the car while leaning against the window. Return to a normal seating position, you should NOT see the side of the car.

Passenger side Mirror:

While in the driver's seat lean across so head is approx. in the middle between the two front seats. Adjust mirror until you can just start to see the side of the car while leaning against the window. Return to a normal seating position, you should NOT see the side of the car.

Enjoy save driving with virtually no blind spots when the sides are used in conjunction with your rear view mirror. Give it a try for a week, you will get used to it and enjoy the view.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Mine had turn signal lights in them

:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts