Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...

Let me first say, I'm glad to have found the sight, and the info you have all posted has been as helpful to me as you may have hoped...Thanks!

I have an 03 Murano, with a blinking Supplemental air bag warning light. It's a steady blink, not one that I'd describe as intermittent as referred to in the owner's manual. I suspect it is a connector that I've knocked loose as I too, have just installed a Sirius Radio, but would like to know what the error means, to hopefully guide me in the right troubleshooting direction.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well if anyone is interrested... I got lots of hits to the post, but no response, so... here ya go.

The blinking SRS light is an indication that something was wrong, but isn't now. I too, have downloaded the service manual and will be happy to look something up for anyone...

While working on my car, I took the passenger's seat out and at some point, re-connected the power and turned the ignition on to test the radio.... this set both the SES and the SRS lights. After putting everything back together, I was able to clear the SES light per instructions on another post, but the SRS light continued to blink - about 1 time per second.

I looked it up in the service manual... the book says its probably a case where the problem was fixed, but the technician failed to clear the code. I reset it and all is well.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
klay02 said:
Well if anyone is interrested... I got lots of hits to the post, but no response, so... here ya go.

I looked it up in the service manual... the book says its probably a case where the problem was fixed, but the technician failed to clear the code. I reset it and all is well.
Thanks. I'm sure your adventure will help another someday. How did you reset the airbag light?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reset the flashing SRS

I've cut and pasted it into a JPEG... The flash code chart for the SRS light is quite extensive. The diagnostics for this are seperate from the SES light diags... hope this is useful to someone else. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had similar problem when I changed my cloth seat with leather. First chart ,as shown above, shows that everything is cleared from diagnostic memory. If you still get warning after clearing the memory, then you should repeat the same prodedure as posted above and find the pattern from the rest of the charts (not posted here) which pin points exact problem with srs system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mr3Putt said:

Thanks. I'm sure your adventure will help another someday. How did you reset the airbag light?
I still can't figure out how to re-set the light from your post. I know nothing is wrong with the SRS. I just need to reset it. I happen to remove the seat while the key was on and "blink blink blink" is all I see now. I KNOW IT'S A STUPID thing to do. I just need to reset it.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Bear in mind that there IS an airbag in the seat, so any messing with it will set a code. Because it is a safety related system, it probably requires professional intervention to clear it. A CYA I guess.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Sarah-

I found the following procedure in the 2005 Service Manual. It outlines how to erase the self-diagnostic test results. I hope it helps.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

Had this fixed by my dealer. The problem is especially with 2005's. It is an open circuit in the "spiral coil" for the airbag in the steering wheel. It was replaced under warranty at no cost.
By the way the tech told me that if the light is blinking, the air bag is NON FUNCTIONAL.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
dmacfarl said:
Hi,

Had this fixed by my dealer. The problem is especially with 2005's. It is an open circuit in the "spiral coil" for the airbag in the steering wheel. It was replaced under warranty at no cost.
By the way the tech told me that if the light is blinking, the air bag is NON FUNCTIONAL.
GREAT! Mine just started blinking on my way to work this morning. I have around 39K miles on the car - will the warranty still cover the spiral coil issue?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well,
It's happening again !!!
Hard to believe that the spiral coil is gone agian...
The tech at the dealership told me that it could be a fault with the computer..

We'll see, I guess

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I ended up following the reset procedure as posted by njjoe and have not had a problem since.

For me, it must of just been a computer glitch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks a million, saved me a lot of headache of the feeling there might be something wrong with ma mo.

Just a question guys ... the SRS does not continue to blink anymore and gets switched off after a few blinks as before.

Did I only get rid of the warning light and is there still a problem? What is the difference between user mode and diagnostic mode? Which one of this is my MO supposed to be in and am I in the correct mode now?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I've tried re setting this things as above numerous time and it still comes back. I've had the dealer re set it as well. same result - it's back !! Driving me crazy. Any ideas?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts