Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
High flow panel filters deliver minimal gains, if any at all. Their primary usefulness is that they can be cleaned and reused.

If you want higher flow, go with a cone type, although I am not sure if there is one for the Murano yet. I had a JWT cone in my Maxima and it was pretty good. Gave the VQ a nice snarl.

·
hail 2 the snail
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here's what i found for the MO , sofar....

Cone air filter replaces the complete stock air filter box. Designed to feed the maximum amount of air possible to the engine. 5 HP increase. Air filter included. Designed specifically for your Nissan Murano. 119.99$(US)
i had a similar kit on my 2k1 trooper (replaced the aoirbox with a cone-like setup) but didnt care for the "sucking air" sound it made.......

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Where did you find the JWT cone for the Murano?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Yes, I think all cone filters will make the hissing noise. Its due the increased volume of air its taking in, as well as the lack of using the plastic resonator assembly to dampen the noise out that the stock system uses.

The picture from that website above was taken from the JWT website, which does not list an application for the Murano cone. The problem is not that the filter will not fit (since it will fit all the 3.5L engines), but rather the availability of a support bracket for the velocity stack the cone comes with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts