Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So brought from private seller so no going back for refund :( love the car to drive even though it needs a gas station to drive with you lol

First started having issues a week or so ago car starts fine pulls away all happy, then stop at junction/lights/round about or just in traffic and have got no throttle for a few seconds dont matter if i put my foot flat down or gently apply. Go to nissan and chat to them about it and can actually see ££££££ rolling round the eyes :)
say ok ill think about it lol go to a Local guy to have it plugged into diagnoses machine. Gave me an error code of P1778 (possibly Stepper Motor) a few google searches and watching videos looks a fairly easy fix. Drain transmission fluid unbolt take old motor out put new one in making sure to keep eye on the location of the "switch" put back together fill with transmission fluid and good to go. So look for part find it on Amazon £30 ish

Am i being pessimistic to think it cant be that easy, or would this be a nice project to get on good terms with my car :) (they need love too)

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
So brought from private seller so no going back for refund :( love the car to drive even though it needs a gas station to drive with you lol

First started having issues a week or so ago car starts fine pulls away all happy, then stop at junction/lights/round about or just in traffic and have got no throttle for a few seconds dont matter if i put my foot flat down or gently apply. Go to nissan and chat to them about it and can actually see ££££££ rolling round the eyes :)
say ok ill think about it lol go to a Local guy to have it plugged into diagnoses machine. Gave me an error code of P1778 (possibly Stepper Motor) a few google searches and watching videos looks a fairly easy fix. Drain transmission fluid unbolt take old motor out put new one in making sure to keep eye on the location of the "switch" put back together fill with transmission fluid and good to go. So look for part find it on Amazon £30 ish

Am i being pessimistic to think it cant be that easy, or would this be a nice project to get on good terms with my car :) (they need love too)
Well, Nissan's position is that almost any fault in the transmission requires replacing the transmission. Thus, if you decide to replace the stepper motor and it doesn't fix the problem then take the car back to Nissan and have them do what they would have done anyway. You'd only be out the extra cost for that part, but the upside is you could save thousands if replacing the stepper motor yourself does fix the car. If it was me, I'd give it a shot. On a side note, be wary of cheap parts, especially if it's going to go inside the transmission.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Interestingly, this little step motor is widely available from Amazon, Ebay, and etc, but not from Nissan. If the step motor fails, the standard service procedure is to replace the transmission. which will cost more than a 1st generation Murano is worth at this point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok any way i can check Part number that should be in the car as all the ones im finding give replacement number but none of them say about fitting first gen im guessing there wouldnt be much difference in that part

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Chaosfromtheuk
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing