Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted in a while so I thought I would share my bad weather stories.

As many may have heard, over the new year we got a lot of rain here in northern Ca. Here in Petaluma we got 27 inches in 3 days on top of the already wet week before. You may have seen pictures on the news or in the papers.

My house sits on the high side of town but one of my retail stores is in the low section of town. Due to the rain the Petaluma river was at peak then the highest tide of the year hit at the same time. We ended up 2-5 feet under water.

My Murano didn't miss a beat. it started with going to the fire station and hauling sand bags to the store (4 Ass Sagging trips) I was impressed with the amount of weight she hauled. I loaded a majority of the bags as close to center as possible with the rear seat folded down but still had to put a lot of bags in the back. Im sure I over loaded the weight capacity by double.

There were points that the tail pipe was under water and blowing bubbles. The people behind me were LTAO and calling me Mr. Bubbles. I can also say the door seals work great. Several times the water was above the bottom of the doors and nothing came in.

My Murano held its own and and did better then expected.

Believe it or not, we had Stripe Bass swimming in our parking lot for 2 days. If I wasn't so busy keeping the water out of my store I would have been fishing.

Here are a few photos of our parking lot.

·
Registered
389 Posts
That last photo was just amazing! Was the water level that high? Or did the fish just jump into branches and get caught? Whatever the case, that's a lot of water in that parking lot! I hope all is OK with your store and the town! I bought my MO from Northbay Nissan in Petaluma and they were great. I hope they weren't too badly affected by the storm...

Bob

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
FastEddy-

That last photo is pretty damn funny. Is it legit or was it staged? Either way it is hilarious.

It's good to see the MO was a capable workhorse and performed admirably.

-njjoe

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The last photo was staged sort of. One of the workers tossed it in the tree for a lack of anywhere else to put it. Most of the fish made it back down the storm drain to the river.

I got mine at North-bay as well. The Auto Mall as well as the outlet stores got hit hard. Driving by on the freeway I could see the tops of cars only. The rear of the lots next to the freeway was 4-6 feet deep. Last I read they lost close to 100 cars total due to the flood.

The town is 90% back to normal. We didn't suffer any infrastructure damage just watter issues city wide. My store made it out fine unlike others that didn't put in the 48 hours of work needed to keep things dry. I'm amazed that business owners would rather sleep and deal with it later rather then keeping it under control. O-well.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
ohh man it's the end of the world... fish thinking that they're birds... haha ahh that was a good laugh... hope your store is staying dry.. it's weird how the costal regions are getting some of the craziest winter weather in history and the more central regions are basking in the sun.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
FastEddy,

Nothing too fishy about that story as you had the photos.
Can we now call you "Bubble Boy?"
:D
Bob1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts