Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on how to remove blue pen ink from the brown leather interior, drivers side. I stupidly left.my pen in.my pocket

·
Registered
630 Posts
I googled "how to clean ink from leather" and found about 20 different ways. Check it out and see which of the methods suits your needs and what products you have at home. Or you can go with the above mentioned product.

Always test it in a non visible part of the leather, leave it for an hour or two and come back to see if you have discoloration. Also keep an eye on the applicator and ensure you are not seeing a brown residue on it. That means you're stripping the leather.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Any suggestions on how to remove blue pen ink from the brown leather interior, drivers side. I stupidly left.my pen in.my pocket
From leather car seats:
  1. Soak up pooling ink.
  2. Do not let stain set. ...
  3. Gently use a soft cloth to dab the stain. ...
  4. Once excess ink is removed, you can use an ink stain removal product like rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover, baking soda, or vinegar

·
Registered
297 Posts
For what is worth: Simple Green Cleaner is the best to gently clean the sealed leather seats in the Murano. How do I know, a professional who goes to different dealerships and takes care of spots on the seats of the new cars did remove stains from my car's front seat using the Simple Green.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Noooo, you do not want to ask this!! Guys, I really love internet, but sometimes... especially if we talk about car seats!! Last dumb thing I did was watching some tutorials on how to wash off wine spots from clothes...one wrong thing!! and I destroyed my beloved blouse!!! So do not risk, cause there are so many lovers to write about lemon juice and vinegar...idiots...better go to the service and save the money! My kids were playing with something and I went to the local service Home , in an hour, everything was clean, no new seat coverage needed :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts