Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 SL AWD With Bose system and new phones don't have head phone jack. Anyone recommend a good, reliable blue tooth that works with streaming radio and phone calls.

·
Registered
40 Posts
if it is an apple device you can get a lead to plug into the three av outlets behind the armrest and into that device as i used to do it with my ipod. should work with any device really aslong as it has the correct connections and you use the aux on the radio

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not that I have tried tho with my android phone I may try it tomo as the phone will connect to the handsfree via bluetooth so anyway surely you can play your music via it too

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Muranos didn't come with Bluetooth stereo until the 2011 model year. Prior to that, it was only hands-free phone. My Android cellphone doesn't have a headphone jack, so I use a little RF dongle with the usb-c headphone adapter that came with my phone. The dongle I use is made by Scosche, and sells on Amazon for under $10.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Muranos didn't come with Bluetooth stereo until the 2011 model year. Prior to that, it was only hands-free phone. My Android cellphone doesn't have a headphone jack, so I use a little RF dongle with the usb-c headphone adapter that came with my phone. The dongle I use is made by Scosche, and sells on Amazon for under $10.

Can you pass the link? I'd like to look at this please.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you have a device that uses usb-c instead of a 3.5mm audio jack, an adapter will be required. The adapter came with my phone, but Amazon sells them also.
Type C to 3.5mm Headphone Audio Jack Adapter, VIMVIP USB C to 3.5mm Aux Microphone Connector Cable for UBC-C Devices Google Pixel 2/XL, Mote Z, HTC U11, Huawei, Xiaomi (Silver) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F7YHM5B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_2X-fCbRCNZDTD

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I recently bought a 2010 Murano LE AWD and I too could not play music! The 2010 models do not provide an AUX jack, the little hole to plug in an audio phone plug and allow you to attach a Bluetooth receiver. BUT, it does have INPUT JACKS for entertainment devices. They are behind the center compartment facing the rear seats(flip up little door). My Murano was designed to be used with the old iPods by plugging into a wire provided in the middle compartment, NOT the newer iPhones. The 2010 Murano does have Bluetooth, but only pairs for hands free phone use, NOT MUSIC! HERE IS WHAT TO DO: 1) Purchase a Bluetooth receiver. Many are available for less than $20. 2) purchase a stereo RCA to phone plug cable(2 feet). Plug the RCA cable into the white(left) and red(right) audio input jacks previously mentioned. NOT THE YELLOW VIDEO JACK! Plug the other end of the RCA cable into your Bluetooth receiver and follow the instructions for pairing your iPhone. Repeatedly, press the DISC-AUX button on the audio console until AUX appears on the navigation screen. You're now all set to listen to music from iPhone!

·
Registered
47 Posts
There is an adapter for apple products that goes from the old to new lightning. You plug the large (old style) into the existing hard wired connection and then you have a lightning connection to play your music. Only drawback is it won’t charge at the same time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is an adapter for apple products that goes from the old to new lightning. You plug the large (old style) into the existing hard wired connection and then you have a lightning connection to play your music. Only drawback is it won’t charge at the same time.
I have a similar setup BOSE system but, w/o Nav, BT or the iphone connector. I installed this and I'm able to play music, make calls, etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
nissannoob
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing