1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bluetooth Car Kit !!!!!

Followings are the spec about the car kit from MOTO

Bluetooth Car Kit IHF1000 - 98676
This premium car kit allows you to connect in many ways- digit dialing by speaking the number, saying the name of a contact stored in the car kit (car kit supports 20) or contacts stored in the phone (as many as the phone supports) or by direct dialing via the mobile phone keypad. Incoming calls with Caller ID will be announced to you as well as voicemail, SMS and low battery indicators. Simple voice menu prompts make it easy to place calls, link Bluetooth ?phones and request system help. Supports voice recognition in multiple languages, regardless of who is doing the talking. Provides a convenient hands-free solution for your car. The unique chrome keypad easily mounts to your dashboard with included double-sided tape and allows for optimal placement in most vehicles. The keypad is backlit for easy viewing in dark conditions. Motorola wireless accessories are compatiblewith any Bluetooth 1.1 or 1.2 enabled mobile phone or device. So easy to use, simply turn on the ignition and the Bluetooth ?link will automatically be established with one of up to four phones. Answer, end, mute, or place a call from the car kit's control panel. Then seamlessly transition the call to the handset when you leave the vehicle. Provides high performance hand-free audio with advanced echo and noise reduction technology. Offers Entertainment Mute feature to mute your car radio for outgoing and incoming calls and resume audio play when call is complete (if your vehicle audio system and your phone software already support this capability). Allows you to utilize car's audio stereo system or use included 5-watt external speaker. Professional Installation is required.

If this works with Mo's car audio stereo system, it is what i have been waiting for! (like the Nav system in MO, when Nav talks, music fades away, when it is done, music is back on)

do u think it will work charm in the MO?
if it does.. anyone know where i can get an install in Toronto area?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I believe this is a stand-alone car kit, basically a bluetooth receiver/transmitter that you stick somewhere on the dash and will work with any car since it is not integrated into the audio system (has its own speaker.) I could be wrong though....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but the spec says "Offers Entertainment Mute feature to must your car radio for outgoing and incoming calls and resume audio play when call is complete (if your vehicle audio system and our phone software already support this capability). Allows you to utilze car's audio stereo system or use included 5 - watt external speaker."

isn't that mean it is possible?

just wanna know if murano support this capability... any thoughts?

·
4,601 Posts
The Murano radio doesn't have a mute in, unless they've added it for the new one.

However, you can mute the speakers with relays. It's been done before.

So it should work. Also, the Mopar Uconnect would work, as it's a rebranded version of the Peiker system. (So is the Audi one...)

So whatever turns yer crank, they're all feasible.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so any audio shop will be able to install that MOTO with relays?

do u know any recommanded shop in TO?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2- Parrot 3200 Ls Color has been designed with line output; a line output is a low level signal.
Some Nissan Murano cars are equipped with "Line tel input" so you can directly connect the line output of the Parrot 3200 Ls Color to the "line tel" of your car radio. With this mounting, you don't need to use ISO adapter.
The yellow mute wire must be connected to the mute of your audio system.

3- If you choose to connect an external speaker, you can connect it to the ISO black female connector: Grey and Grey/Black wires.
The yellow mute wire must be connected to the mute of your audio system.
The car speakers will be mute during a call.

does our murano have Line Tel Input? i have 05 with Nav..
if so.. I don't need an external speaker right?

i donno what line tel input is... can anyone help me?

·
4,601 Posts
The radio has the capability but the parts are missing so it won't work.

If you have the Bose, you can switch the audio with relays before the power amp. A few people have done this.

The info should be on here. If you can't find it with a search, PM me and I'll look it up and post it.

Sorry for the delay, but I'm not on as much as I used to be!

·
Registered
124 Posts
jaak said:
The radio has the capability but the parts are missing so it won't work.

If you have the Bose, you can switch the audio with relays before the power amp. A few people have done this.

The info should be on here. If you can't find it with a search, PM me and I'll look it up and post it.

Sorry for the delay, but I'm not on as much as I used to be!
I have an older version of parrot (ck3000) installed in my Maxima.
i am thinking of installing it in Mo.
I installed the ck3000 myself and it was very straightforward.
Parrot has 2 speakers IN and 2 speakers out connection. So what it does, it simply steals your door speakers when you have a call. As simple as this.
It does not mute the back speakers but it is not needed either.
I think this relay based connection does not care what radio you have, all it needs is just your speakers. Does anyone know what difference does BOSS radio make? What is the deal with cutting the signal before or after the amplifier? There are many posts on the subject but none follow through...
Can someone shed some light to this??

·
Registered
741 Posts
I got the IHF1000 and a cell mute box installed in my MO and it works perfectly well. The mute box for the car kit sells for $115 if you are interested. There are 3 wires to hook to it. The unbalanced speaker output (speaker + and -) and the ground mute from the IHF1000. I just did the install so it is quite fresh in my memory.

·
Registered
124 Posts
SIM said:
I got the IHF1000 and a cell mute box installed in my MO and it works perfectly well. The mute box for the car kit sells for $115 if you are interested. There are 3 wires to hook to it. The unbalanced speaker output (speaker + and -) and the ground mute from the IHF1000. I just did the install so it is quite fresh in my memory.
If you do not mind sharing your knowledge, i am sure it would be helpful to many frustrated owners trying to decide on the product and have it installed. For some reason i think that this must be simpler than it sounds. at least i base this on my ck3000 parrot installation experience.
Did you install Motorola’s speaker?

·
Registered
741 Posts
>>If you do not mind sharing your knowledge, i am sure it would be helpful to many frustrated owners trying to decide on the product and have it installed. <<

Of course.

>>For some reason i think that this must be simpler than it sounds. at least i base this on my ck3000 parrot installation experience. <<

It is very simple in fact.

>>Did you install Motorola’s speaker?<<

No. The mute box that I installed feeds the speaker output directly into the Bose amp. So, when the IHF1000 sends a mute (ground) signal into the mute box, the sound coming from the IHF1000 gets routed automatically through the MO speakers. Very nifty. There are 3 wires to hook from the IFH1000 main harness. Battery, Ignition and ground. 3 wires as well from go into the mute box from the IFH1000 harness: Speaker + and - and mute signal. That's it! I have the color codes lying around somewhere in the garage if they are needed.

·
Registered
741 Posts
The following threads goes into the details but if you prefer buying a perfectly working mute box unit (for the Bose only!), as I said, we have one lying around. The price is $115 + whatever shipping there is (estimating $5-$10).

Click here for link...

·
Registered
124 Posts
SIM said:
The following threads goes into the details but if you prefer buying a perfectly working mute box unit (for the Bose only!), as I said, we have one lying around. The price is $115 + whatever shipping there is (estimating $5-$10).

Click here for link...
What is the mute box anyways, is it a PAC input device or something else? do you mind elaborating on your installation? perhaps a diagram? i am not familiar with Motorola unit installation. Also have you compared Motorola to parrot units? I am not sure which one to chose...
if you recall colors of the wires, can you post it here?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Lots of questions... The mute box is a little device described in the link that I posted before. The diagram is there as well. A friend of mine produced one for my own MO and started to sell quite a few to the local car phone kit installers around here. It works and it fixes a flaw in the MO luxury concept. The radio mute should have been there from the start. The box simply sits behind the radio and fixes this glitch.

If you decide to use a Motorola IHF1000, I will gladly tell you how to hook it up, although I did not see how the Parrot's mute box is designed, it should be a very similar box.

I can't speak for the Parrot but I'm sure it is very good. The IHF1000 is simply a dream come true for me. It never misses a word or digit. The lady is quite impressive!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased the IHF1000 and I would appreciate the intruction on how I can hook it up. I am planning to install it in my Murano 2007.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I installed the same in my '07. What do you need to know?

·
Registered
3 Posts
How did you connect it with your Bose and what are the things you had to do to make it work? As you may have noticed that I am new to all this. I was searching for solution and came across this great forum.

I have the Speaker Switcher with the harness as you will see in the attached image.

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
If your speaker switcher works the way I think it does, you need to hook it up in the back of the Bose head unit. There are 3 wires to get from the IHF1000 harness. The first one is the ground signal that has to be fed to your speaker switcher. And depending on the way that your switcher handles the input (low level RCA style or high level 5 watts) you need to get a different pair of wires from the IHF1000 harness.

I installed the button near the ignition key and the mike where they say that it works better. The blue control box is under the steering column. Here are a few pics:

·
Registered
741 Posts
I personnally prefer to use the unbalanced input (speaker output from IHF1000) because it lets you use the IHF1000 volume fully through the Bose. It is the black wire with a small connector. I simply cut the wire from the speaker after I checked which one was + and - directly on the speaker. There is no other way but to open the speaker box and check the wiring inside.

On the IHF1000 harness there are of course the 12V (RED), ignition (GREEN) and ground (BLACK) to supply to the control box, which can be obtained from various places under the steering column.

Get a good ground source from an existing bolt screwed in the metal. You wouldn't even imagine the kind of problems that you can get from a bad ground.

The radio mute signal is a yellow wire. You need to connect this one to your speaker switcher but I think that the MSS being made by Motorola, the IHF1000 integrates with it with the existing connectors. If not, you will have to cut and splice the wires.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts