Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done research on the possibilty of installing the bluetooth system from the Maxima into the Murano ?
Is it possible ?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Yes been thinking about this. The steering wheel switch is at least labelled different. The bluetooth control module connects to the BCM and the AV switch. So things may behave differently assuming, the wires and connectors and BCM etc are similar between the two vehicles. The LED indicator and Mic are no biggy. What is interesting is that the bluetooth module has a connection to the power saver and the speed sensor and the 06 MO lacks the mute function. So I don't really know, but I think something is possible.

Here is some info from the 06 Max SM.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Maxima and FX guys with the factory bluetooth are not altogether happy. I haven't confimred it myself, but I've heard that the bluetooth has been hard to hear, comes out of one speaker, does not interface with the display (so no caller ID) and has had a limited number of cell phone models that have proven to be compatible. I'd at least wait until the bugs are worked out before undertaking such a big project.

Disclaimer - I do sell the Parrot kits and a Murano interface for Parrot - so I am somewhat biased; but do check out the happiness level with the factory Nissan/Infiniti solution. Howard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts