Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very nice and affordable wireless Bluetooth hands-free kit for the car and everywhere else!

I used to swear my way out of the car using wired earpieces but with this wireless gizmo I can move freely and never pickup the phone unless to initiate a call. Check it out...

http://www.wirelessgalaxy.com/ac/jabrabluetooth.html

·
4,601 Posts
I've been using a bluetooth headset in the car for a while, however here's the downside.

I have to charge the phone every night.

I have to charge the headset every night.

I have to pick up the phone to dial numbers. Not convenient in a driving situation, especially with the V600 as it's a flip and sometimes the flip is a hassle with one hand.

I've got a Motorola car kit and have the cradle for the V600 on order. I'm going wired. It costs less than a bluetooth car kit, holds my phone in a convenient position and charges the phone. I can also connect an external antenna for better reception in fringe areas.

I love the concept of bluetooth and use it with my iPaq through the phone to get email, but it's less than perfect in the car.

Now I do love the bluetooth headset in rental cars!!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the charging routine is a little more of a hassle but I do have to charge my phone every evenings so putting 1 or 2 devices on their respective charger is a small price to pay.

I also do have the Motorola (Nextel) hard kit installed but for some privacy while driving along with passengers, I love this best of both worlds feature since the phone can remain in its cradle and charge while I dial and speak a little more privately than while using the 5 watts speaker. Using the PAC to replace the speaker output with the BOSE would also be nice especially if it could switch to AUX automatically when the phone rings... :)

J.D.
Murano SL '04 Silver

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Hey SIM, welcome if I haven't said so already elsewhere.

I've been considering the Nextel hard install kit for a long time, and was wondering if you could provide some general feedback about it. How does the 5 watt speaker sound? Is there an audio line out jack? How well does the visor mic work? Does the external antenna make a big difference? Have you changed phones and therefore changed out the cradle that's specific to your phone?

Thanks..

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcome EasternPA and all!

The installation is not completed yet but it should be within a week or so. I will let you know how it ends up working ASAP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts