Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any value in integrating bluetooth? I'd like to hear from anyone who has it built into the Mo versus just getting a bt headset.

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I receive and place all my calls via bluetooth connectivity to my carputer. The calls come through MO's speakers and I see all information on the carputer's screen so I do not have to even take my phone out of my pocket, unless I need to charge it.......:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
There is no question that integrated bluetooth is much nicer.

Advantages:

1) Radio mutes automatically as incoming call rings
2) Bluetooth kit announces who is calling or visually shows who is calling (photo caller ID with some phones)
3) No need to recharge your bluetooth headset
4) Parrot bluetooth kits remembers up to 5 phones - so when my wife or kid drive my car - they automatically have bluetooth
5) Sound comes over the Bose system
6) Voice dialing capability even with phones that don't have voice dialing over bluetooth such as Treo
7) Everyone in the car can say hi to Grandma
8) Nothing to misplace
9) Pairing is always automatic
10) Instant access to phone book, list of received and sent calls - all without pulling the phone off your beltclip or out of your purse

Howard

·
Registered
190 Posts
A big yes to Bluetooth. Just put a Nokia CK-7W Car Kit in my '06 Murano. It is spectacular!

Totally handsfree; I don't wear a headset.

Some very smart features in this unit. I purchased from cellup.com for $119.95 plus shipping. Also, bought a mounting bracket and phone holder from www.proclipusa.com.

You may want to get something different. But, this is my very positive exprience with Bluetooth.

Good Luck!

Alan

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Re: how?

Hot_Rod said:
how did you manage to do all that and get it on the screen too?
The key word I guess is "carputer". I have a book size PC that runs inside the car. It does everything that a home computer does so I have connected a microphone, a bluetooth dongle, and the necessary software. Check my signature and gallery....:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks

I took a look at the gallery. I think the carputer is too complex for me. Looks like it takes a lot of know how.

The parrot system is more my flavor. Gotta love that plug and play.

·
Registered
190 Posts
If you want a handsfree, I highly recommend the Nokia CK-7W unit for about $125. shipped from cellup.com.

I use it with my Nokia 6256i phone, and it is spectacular. I had an installer, but it was easy to install. Has a nice remote control. Should be well-matched to any Nokia Bluetooth or direct connect phone. Probably okay with non-Nokia Bluetooth phone. Check it out. If you search for CK-7W on in this forum, you will find some of my other postings.

Good Luck!

Alan

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Re: Thanks

Hot_Rod said:
I took a look at the gallery. I think the carputer is too complex for me. Looks like it takes a lot of know how.
Not a lot of know-how, but time and patiance and willingness to mess with it until you get it right.

Here is a board I go to for info. They store there sells a complete unit (I think they call it streetdeck) that may apeal to you...

www.mp3car.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
thanks

thanks,

that info should be helpful. I was leaning away from the carputer. But, I was really conceptualizing it and it seems tedious, yet, not impossible. I may be in the near future.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Question for anyone that has a Parrot bluetooth setup.

Has anyone with the Parrot bluetooth setup been able to play music thru their speakers from another bluetooth device?

I have a bluetooth transmitter for my ipod (that I use with my bt stereo headphones) ...

Would like to know if the Parrot would play the music with any kinda quality, or is it just "ear peice" quaility (non stereo, low bit rate).

Thanks for any responce. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: Question for anyone that has a Parrot bluetooth setup.

Margatenj said:
Has anyone with the Parrot bluetooth setup been able to play music thru their speakers from another bluetooth device?
That is a good question. I tried playing the MP3's from my E815 phone but the phone will not send the music over bluetooth - just out of its earphone jack, so no go. I really don't think the Parrot would be all that good for music, since it is optimized for communications frequencies. But it is worth a try....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Re: Re: Question for anyone that has a Parrot bluetooth setup.

SDGuy said:

That is a good question. I tried playing the MP3's from my E815 phone but the phone will not send the music over bluetooth - just out of its earphone jack, so no go. I really don't think the Parrot would be all that good for music, since it is optimized for communications frequencies. But it is worth a try....
My Sony Walkman phone w600i doesn't send music thru the bluetooth either.

Forget Parrot's receiver ... I think this harness changes the nightmare Nissan Bose connection to normal pin out connection! I'm searching the Internet now for a straight bluetooth high quality receiver that will connect to the Parrot "normal" harness.

My cell has all the features the Parrot cell phone thingy is trying to sell, all but the muting of the radio, and I can press that button myself, and playing over the mo sound system.

This way I can connect anything audio to mo sound system using a bluetooth tranmitter. Also I want to see everything I can connect to that plug.

the pins out are (for one of the two plugs)
1 Speed-sensitive volume control
2 Not used
3 Muting by telephone system
4 Permanent plus (circuit 30)
5 Automatic antenna control Control signal for left/right audio power amplifier (40/3)
6 Illumination (circuit 58)
7 Switched plus (circuit 15)
8 Ground (circuit 31)

...gave up, have a bad feeling that the output from the parrot harness is only in mono... has to be, otherwise you'd only hear who's calling on one side of the speaker system.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Bluetooth and NAV

One of the features I really wanted out of bluetooth connectivity was the ability to pick out addresses from contact lists for the NAV system. It makes it so much easier than trying to use the joystick to hunt and peck addresses into the NAV system.

I am doubting the Parot system will do that. Their web site is pretty crappy. It does not show how the information interfaces via the color screen.

·
Registered
27 Posts
SDGuy, I just ordered the HBBH-1 interface, because I want one of the Parrot interfaces. But I just noticed a PDF that states there is a problem with the Parrot kits and the RAZR V3 phones. Something about not being able to reconnect once you disconnect? Any idea how bad this is, or what's involved? I'm about to trump off to the Parrot forums to see if there is more detail, but I love my RAZR and would hate for this not to work right.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi.
99% of the Razr's seem to work great. The only connect/disconnect issue seems to be a European version of the Razr (remember, the forums originate in Europe). The only problem that has yet to be fixed in software seems to be a call waiting bug but I understand they are about to release a firmware update. Remember, the nice thing about Parrot kits is that you update your system by just bringing a laptop (with bluetooth dongle) out to your car. No physical connection to your Parrot! Very slick.

If you want to hear it from the horses mouth - try Parrot's US toll free number, 1-877-9Parrot before installing your HBBH-1. But if you want my professional opinion, you will be very happy. I've sold hundreds of the HBBH-1 and to date have never had a single return on our 30 day money back guarantee.

Howard at Quick Connect
http://members.cox.net/quickconnect

1 - 20 of 25 Posts