1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is assembling X3 for BMW?

·
Registered
216 Posts
The X3 is assembled in Arnold Schwarzenegger's hometown of Graz, Austria by Magna Steyr Fahrzeugtechnik AG & Co. KG.

·
4,601 Posts
Ahhh... Yes, Magna, that Canadian company.

Wouldn't you like to buy a BMW not even made by BMW?

I think it should actually be labelled a BMA as they designed it, but they don't build it.

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would confirm what my coworker told me. MAGNA is going to build another plant in the USA shortly.........There are two location considered...........but it is not that important. Just wonder who's cars they will assemble......

·
4,601 Posts

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, Frank had right vision in right time at the right place.

I am afraid that "legacy" automakers, GM and Ford, will slide even more if they do not change. Look at the latest sale numbers. In the meantime the so called newcomers will grow. Toyota sales figures up 21%, GM down %7, Ford down 5%............Everybody laughed at Korean automakers. Not anymore. I hope Detroit will take notice finally.

I did want to buy American car. Unfortunately there was noting available on the market. I do not like large SUV, not to mention trucks. I like CARS! And yes, Murano does feel like a car. So GM, Ford – wake up. Start making CARS! Quality cars that people would buy………….

·
Registered
241 Posts
Haven't heard of Magna before, sounds like a James Bond villain ;-)

Have heard and experienced Steyr in Graz many times. Before Magna they had quite a good reputation, especially in the convertible built market.

They also used to make a Puch moped if I am not mistaken...But for the majority perhaps more known for the Chrysler Jeep Grand Cheroke production, and the Fiat Panda 4X4 and many more....But also for lots of German Army vehicles....

I wouldn't be concerned at all that BMW doesn't built their own X3...I mean who wants one, Murano much better value for money, X5 is even better value for money...The X3 does have a great sunroof though...

·
4,601 Posts
Well, the funny thing is Frank Stronach was born in Austria....

Magna's been growing, under the radar of most people for years. He's got 100's if not 1000's of plants, building parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts