Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother is in the market for a roadster.
I told him to get the new miata/saturn sky when they come out.
Or go with nissan Z or honda s2k.

He wants something more upscale.... like the BMW Z4, audi TT or even SLK 320 or porsche boxster. He will buy used (CPO or still under warranty) as there is no point purchasing brand new luxury roadster and take the hit on the depreciations!

He likes the Z4 a lot. What do you all think?
I went to the consumer reports magazine, and it says that it is made in USA. Any of you have experience on its quality? Thanks

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
well i for one think that the z4 is nasty even if it's a bwm. the interior is equally ugly as well. if the interior feels anything like the x3. which it looks like it will, it feels really cheep. plus the gauges are really small and hard to read. but that's just my 2 cents

if he's got the money than he should get himself a porsche boxter or boxter s. those things retain there value like it's no ones business. and the new ones a beautiful.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I can buy a 98 Boxer with 20K miles for $23K

Is that a good deal?

Homer

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
hmm 20 k miles is over 30k km's and at 23 grand i think that's a damn good buy. but is a boxter s???

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I just visited a boxster forum....mmmmmmmm, they are having fits with late 90's blowing engines. They promise they aren't abusing them as well. I'd have ur brother visit the respective forums on the cars he is looking into. Eyes tend to get us into big trouble choosing cars. Brains might be a better way to go. I saw another article saying it was a MUCH better idea to get an older 911 with way more hp and longevity--that was from a porsche lover. He said it would be waaaay cheaper and much more powerful, and, it would last longer.
Boxsters weigh more than 911's and have less hp and much less room.

·
5,244 Posts
I would go with Boxter. In a heart beat. My wf is trying to talk me into one. Hm, my garage fits only 2 cars.........Then again Mo can park outside....;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
i would go with the boxter as well, i am looking at an 00 Boxter Silver with 19K miles for 24K and a Boxter S Silver with 18K for 27K. Tough decision to make when you are 29 and already have two cars, but whats another. :)

05 Murano SL AWD/Sunroof

·
Registered
3,257 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
It seems there are certain types of people who drive Z4s.

If your brother is married to a woman he doesn't fit in either category. :)

Just my observation.

I like the Boxster. Pretty sweet little cars. To me the aren't a real Porsche - but close enough. Superb handling.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GMTURBO43...

GMTURBO43 said:
It seems there are certain types of people who drive Z4s.

If your brother is married to a woman he doesn't fit in either category. :)

Just my observation.

I like the Boxster. Pretty sweet little cars. To me the aren't a real Porsche - but close enough. Superb handling.
:rolleyes: Hehehe, i guess that explains it. He is not married and have no steady GF...sort of a womanizer he is not shy to admit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts