Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was some interest in obtaining aftermarket body side molding like the FX35. Someone from an independent company was taking interest in supply the molding for the Murano.

Any word on this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
IMO, it might look good if they put the molding in the crease that's already on the Murano. On the FX, I believe the whole side is smooth so it really didn't matter how hi or how low they wanted to put the mold on.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Available in Canada

Dealer here says they've already sold and installed a few side molding kits, about $100 US, $150 CAD or so, plus install cost.

Available in black only, they said. I'll have to get a look. Wanna set on my '04.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I recently had the side moulding kit installed. According to the dealer, the template calls for it to be located just below the groove. It looks fine but I question its effectiveness at that location. I tested it with my 4runner and it provides no protection whatsoever.

Sometime ago I noticed a MO with 5/8'' moulding ( vs 1 1/4") located about 4" above the groove. It didnt detract at all from the lines of the vehicle imo.

Over the last week or so, I have been noting the positioning of molding on other vehicles. The norm seems to be a few inches below the wheel-top line i.e substantially higher than that suggested for the MO.

Not sure of my next move aside from waiting for the collective opinion of this forum's brain trust

:D

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Before this site lost some of it's content, there was a thread going on about body molding. A company was making it for the FX35/45 and selling it thru Grubbs (I think) but now I can not locate it.

Anyway, a person from this company posted on this site that if there was interest they would consider making the molding for the Murano and yes they had colors to match the Murano.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
saw some on a murano on the highway. it think it was chrome with a black inner edge like the stuff you can get from canadian tire. ran from the edge of the front door to the edge of the rear fender. look strange.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is a picture of the body molding offered for the FX 35

It's even in the silver that I want!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
$149.99 to try fit.

FX45/35 Body Side Moldings.

Price $ 149.99 (6 piece set)

These where made exclusively for Grubbs Infiniti Wholesale Parts and are not manufactured by Infiniti.

Protect your car from damage from car doors, free running shopping carts, and a host of other door and fender destroying obstacles.
Available in matching exterior colors.

·
4,664 Posts
Hopefully I won't jinx myself, but after 7 months, I've yet to get a ding... The black trim sticks out a fair bit at the bottom, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Plus it's higher than most cars.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Better to get MO sides

I personally do not want to mess around with rubber designed for another car, not even the FX. There has to be a difference. Take an expensive car and add stuff that doesn't quite fit... bad idea.

I need to figure out about the bug deflector (not the one that flies off, how to know which is the 2nd release), some side moldings.

Alread ordered rain deflectors (Nissan) and the rear bumper pad. I'll probably get the cargo bin, and the MO rubber floor mats that are said to be a perfect fit.

I never had side molding on the PF, and ... well, they may have reduced or eliminated a couple of minor incidents (neither of which affects the car's resale value right now).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts