Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the body side moldings from nissanparts4less and when you open the back door it hits the front door. I thought I read a post a while back of someone else having this problem but can't find it anywhere. I am going to try and call Csheen tomorrow but just wondered if anyone else is having this problem?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ohio Murano:
I'm sorry about your mouldings but I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone! I pursued this problem with Curtis at NissanParts4Less, and he was a real trooper. Turns out that the mouldings had to be redesigned by Dawn Enterprises (with a scoop at the start of the back moulding so they don't crimp against the front door). I received my new set last week; a local shop is taking off the old and putting on the new tomorrow. Hats off to Curtis Sheen for taking care of his customers! :2:

·
Registered
263 Posts
What did you pay

Hamish said:
Ohio Murano:
I'm sorry about your mouldings but I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone! I pursued this problem with Curtis at NissanParts4Less, and he was a real trooper. Turns out that the mouldings had to be redesigned by Dawn Enterprises (with a scoop at the start of the back moulding so they don't crimp against the front door). I received my new set last week; a local shop is taking off the old and putting on the new tomorrow. Hats off to Curtis Sheen for taking care of his customers! :2:
I was wondering how much were they and how was the color match? I have Mid Blue. How far up did you put them?

Thank You

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey larry1960,
Here's the NissanParts4Less site:
http://www.nissanparts4less.com/en_US/
Or better yet, use their toll-free number and ask for Curtis Sheen. The moldings are ~$92 w/o shipping. The color match is perfect on my Merlot Mo. Be sure to tell Curtis you want the "redesigned" side mouldings with the scoop-out on the rear set.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Larry 1960, I also have a Blue Mo and the color matched perfectly. I am real happy with the way they look but when you open the rear doors fully they press up against the front door which does not make me very happy. The cost was $95 shipped to my door. A while back you could get them in the $80's but the price has went up a little. I called Curtis yesterday but had to leave a message. Hopefully he will call back today. I'll let everyone know.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have left you a message on this matter. Apparently the 2005 Murano has some sort of modification to it taht I haven't figured out yet. Dawn Ent., as per my request, redesigned the moulding kit for the MO'. They are working well now and they can also work on the older models.

I will be sending out your replacement moulding kit to you and issuing a "call tag" for the old ones once you've taken them off.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man you can't get any better service than that. Thanks Curtis, I really appreciate it.

Doug

·
Registered
170 Posts
Aloha Curtis and fellow members,

I was one of the first to buy these moldings nearly a year ago, and have had the problem as well. I think I helped the initial marketing of this item in this forum when I posted before/after pics of my Mo and these moldings last year.

Curtis, any chance that I can get replacements for the rear moldings?

Thanks!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Ditto

I have the orignal ones too. Never got around to installing them still in the tube!

I'd like to exchange mine too, if for free.

HwnMurano said:

I was one of the first to buy these moldings nearly a year ago. and have had the problem as well. I think I helped the initial marketing of this item in this forum when I posted before/after pics of my Mo and these moldings last year.

Curtis, any chance that I can get a replacement set?

Thanks!

·
Registered
834 Posts
I find this interesting

"Apparently the 2005 Murano has some sort of modification to it that I haven't figured out yet"

Perhaps Nissan redesigned the door hinges to make the door stronger resulting (I hope) in less squeaks and rattles comming from the windows.

Perhaps we need some pics.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ditto for me too! I installed these on my 2003 Murano in October 2004 and said many good words about them and Curtis, as well as posted pictures. After I installed them this post was written mentioning I had already received a mark and was glad I had the moldings installed. Over time, these marks developed on both sides and I came to realize it was a minor design flaw. One thing is for sure, with almost 100,000 km on my vehicle, I sure am pleased with the fact that I have had no dings from any other vehicles, and my paint still looks great!

I do not think there is any difference between a 2003 / 2004/ 2005 door....

Curtis, I too would really appreciate rear door replacements for my Copper MO under warranty. Kindly send me a PM if this can be arranged? Thanks! :2:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Where did you put them?

HwnMurano said:

I was one of the first to buy these moldings nearly a year ago, and have had the problem as well. I think I helped the initial marketing of this item in this forum when I posted before/after pics of my Mo and these moldings last year.

Curtis, any chance that I can get replacements for the rear moldings?

Thanks!

They look good Where did you put them and where did you measure up from?? I want to get a set

Thank You, Larry

·
Registered
180 Posts
Larry, the instructions are in the package for placement. It is measured up from the door crease, and calls for 7 1/2" from the top of the door crease to the top of the molding. It appears if you compare my pics (see my above post for link) to HWNMurano's, his may be a little higher (possibly 7 1/2" from the top of the crease to the bottom of the molding?). Either way they are thick enough that if you open your door onto a flat surface, your door edge will not contact it. The actual mounting height is subjective and you can basically choose as you wish, as long as you follow a straight line.:4:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased an '05 Murano last week and found this forum - Nice Forum! I ordered a set of Dawn side moldings from Curtis Sheen a few days ago and the price has gone up to $125 shipped (with the forum discount) for the new design. Curtis was very helpful. He also suggested, and I purchased, the rear bumper protector - $25 (shipped with mouldings).

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sorry, I've been away and haven't checked the forum in awhile. Like Mo in To said, I did follow the mounting instructions but I mounted them at a slightly different position, maybe 1/2" diff from the instructions. I can't remember if it was higher or lower.

I guess Curtis hasn't seen my post about replacement moldings, given the defect.

:( :3: :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts