Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 04 Murano SL and feel the need for body side moldings to prevent door dings. Has anybody had this done? Who was the supplier?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Do a search on body side moulding

·
Registered
11 Posts
jrbethel1

I just got em here last week:

Curtis Sheen

Internet Parts Professional

www.nissanparts4less.com

Whole transaction took about 3 days. Color matched perfectly.

·
Registered
46 Posts
05 Body Side Mouldings

I'd like to hear from 05 owners who've installed the side mouldings. My problem is that when the back doors are fully opened, they pinch the moulding against the edge of the front door. I'm wondering if the back door hinges can be adjusted so that they don't open ALL the way.....
Maybe this happens only on the 05?
Any suggestions? :confused:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've got the body side mouldings from Nissanparts4less.com and I've never had them pinch. I think your installer messed up. I have on 05 and, again, have not had this problem.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hamish

Do you have the door edge guards installed as well (those black plastic strips that run along the edge of the door)? These seem to add a degree of thickness such that the doors will occasionally rub. I have the moldings and door edge guards. I have the same pinch when the rear doors are fully extended. I don't have any permanent identations in the moldings from the doors pinching them and they seem to go right back into shape.

If you do have the door edge moldings, make sure they haven't shifted or loosened. If they have, tap them gently back into place with a rubber mallet cushioned by a cloth.

·
Registered
281 Posts
They touch on my 04 also,not by much though.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I have the edge guards as well as the molding. They touch but do not pinch so no permanent marks on them. I also find that 9 out of 10 the rear passengers will not fully open the doors anyways.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't have the edge guards, so I should have plenty of room for the mouldings to clear. I don't think they were installed incorrectly. How could they be installed in a way that makes them thicker than they are? I tried to attach a pic to show you guys how they look, but it's not working.

Help! I'm getting a replacement pair and don't want to make the same mistake again....

·
Registered
470 Posts
I saw on a previous post some time ago that you should leave a space between the front end of the rear door molding and the leading edge of the back door so the back door molding can't touch the front door molding when you swing open the back door. I think you could open the back door and position its molding to check the clearance before securing the molding. Maybe the front door molding needs to be positioned a little forward also.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
It is also possible that the location of the molding (how high it is installed) could make a difference. I installed mine about 1/2 inch below the recommended hight.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My reason to resurrect this thread:
--a BIG "attaboy" to Curtis Sheen at NissanParts4Less!

I've been convinced that something wasn't quite right about the 05 side mouldings manufactured by Dawn. When my back doors are opened fully, the moulding pinches against the front door. Curtis at NissanParts4Less has tirelessly pursued this with Dawn on my behalf . . . and lo and behold, Dawn has redesigned the 05 mouldings! I'll be receiving my replacements within a month.

ATTABOY, Curtis! You make me happy to be one of your customers.....
:2:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
TheGymKid said:
zebelkhan, Anyone open a door into you and the side moldings save you ?
I am generaly very careful as to where I park the MO. But from marks on the molding I can tell that it has done its job a few times already. The funny (or rather disturbing) thing is that I have traced the marks to my wife's car which gets parked next to my MO in the garage. I have to have a talk with the daughter as she is the only one that gets in or out of my wife's car in the garage....:3:

·
Registered
982 Posts
zebelkhan said:

I am generaly very careful as to where I park the MO. But from marks on the molding I can tell that it has done its job a few times already. The funny (or rather disturbing) thing is that I have traced the marks to my wife's car which gets parked next to my MO in the garage. I have to have a talk with the daughter as she is the only one that gets in or out of my wife's car in the garage....:3:
Thanks z !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts