Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife teaches at a high school and they made the parking spots so narrow that her new Murano is already getting the paint chipped along the side :mad: Does anyone make a decent looking bodyside molding for the Murano ??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CopperKat- thank you VERY MUCH-- I was going to order from them on Monday-- you saved me a lot of grief !!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Glad I could help. I'm actually in the process of purchasing these as well. I've sent an e-mail to the molding manufacturer asking for info on purchasing, and I'm waiting for a response.

·
Registered
114 Posts
CopperKat said:
Glad I could help. I'm actually in the process of purchasing these as well. I've sent an e-mail to the molding manufacturer asking for info on purchasing, and I'm waiting for a response. I've also found someone selling moldings on e-bay. I may end up purchasing from them. I just want to do some price shopping first. Here's the e-bay info . . .

Body Side Moldings
Are you guys looking for the Facotry Mouldings? I would be more than happy to add them to the site..

·
Registered
420 Posts
jerseyparts said:

Are you guys looking for the Facotry Mouldings? I would be more than happy to add them to the site..
As far as I know, these are aftermarket parts. Nissan never offered them as an option.

I did hear back from the manufacturer, and they directed me to their "sister" site. Price is $139.00 & $16.95 shipping. I've listed the link below if anyone is interested.

Body Side Molding

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Body Side Molding Height.....??

Just received body side moldings from Sportwing. Instructions show installation height at 7.5 inches from top of indent strip on door to top of molding. Web site for Dawn Enterprises (maker of strip) shows same starting place--- but 5.5 inches to BOTTOM of molding for rear door and 5.25 inches for front door. Seems there was some discussion I read here earlier in regards to placement height some of you have used..............comments here greatly appreciated before I get started.:confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just received body side moldings from Sportwing. Instructions show installation height at 7.5 inches from top of indent strip on door to top of molding. Web site for Dawn Enterprises (maker of strip) shows same starting place--- but 5.5 inches to BOTTOM of molding for rear door and 5.25 inches for front door. Seems there was some discussion I read here earlier in regards to placement height some of you have used..............comments here greatly appreciated before I get started.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
oregon2 said:
Just received body side moldings from Sportwing. Instructions show installation height at 7.5 inches from top of indent strip on door to top of molding. Web site for Dawn Enterprises (maker of strip) shows same starting place--- but 5.5 inches to BOTTOM of molding for rear door and 5.25 inches for front door. Seems there was some discussion I read here earlier in regards to placement height some of you have used..............comments here greatly appreciated before I get started.
Frankly there is no way any molding can protect the car from all types of car doors so go for the location that will best protect the door from the car doors you know.

In my case, that car is my wife's car which gets to be parked next to the MO in the garage. Fingers crossed there are so far no dents there. Otherwise, just use blue painters tape to temporarily tape up the molding to the MO, then step back and look at it. If it looks good and straight then that location would be as good as any!

BTW, when you have the molding taped up to the doors, open the rear doors while front ones are closed and check to make sure the sdge of the front doors clear the rear door moldings.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I fully intend to wait until I get my first ding.
Then I will buy the moulding and apply it directly over the ding*.
Sure hope I don't get dinged BELOW the indent strip! :D

Homer

*if it breaks the paint. If it doesn't, I will have the Dent Wizard fix it.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
oregon2-

Homer hit the nail right on the head. Put the protective moldings right where they are needed most, where the majority of the dings are.

If your car is currently "ding-less" then park next to another car, open their door (assuming it is someone you know) and mark the spot where it would hit your door. Try this with two or three cars and you will have the optimum place to mount the protective strip.

-njjoe

·
Registered
801 Posts
oregon2-

Homer hit the nail right on the head. Put the protective moldings right where they are needed most, where the majority of the dings are.

If your car is currently "ding-less" then park next to another car, open their door (assuming it is someone you know) and mark the spot where it would hit your door. Try this with two or three cars and you will have the optimum place to mount the protective strip.

-njjoe
Unless they open the door into your front fender where there is no protection...OUCH (happened to me after only 1,200 miles *sniff*)

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Actually kids opening the rear door, which usually has a pointy corner, do the worst damage. There is no protection against that! So even with side molding you will have to be choosy on where you park your MO

·
Super Moderator
8,767 Posts
As with all cars, the one you care about should be parked in the most inaccessible part of the parking lot, parked sideways in two to three spaces.

And even then, they'll getcha.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Sportwing Moldings

Just installed the Sportwing side moldings and I am very pleased with the product. Hopefully all inconsiderate door openers will be able to hit the strip from now on...:D

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just installed the Sportwing side moldings and I am very pleased with the product. Hopefully all inconsiderate door openers will be able to hit the strip from now on...:D
They look great, was it hard to get them on straight??

·
Registered
801 Posts
They look great, was it hard to get them on straight??
Super easy...I used blue painters tape to lay the guide line (they call for masking tape). Directions are good, just measure 3x and stick once. ;)

Took about 30 minutes in total...wife says it looks like it came from the factory with moldings installed. Paint is a perfect match.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Super easy...I used blue painters tape to lay the guide line (they call for masking tape). Directions are good, just measure 3x and stick once. ;)

Took about 30 minutes in total...wife says it looks like it came from the factory with moldings installed. Paint is a perfect match.
Thanks, I will have to get a set.

·
Super Moderator
8,767 Posts

Which moldings are they? The link on page 1 of the thread goes to a bad page, and I can't find color-matched moldings anywhere on Sportwing's site.

Got a link?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts