Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this problem for a while now. Does anyone else have it? When getting in or out, or if you just sort of rock the MO back and forth, there is a squeaking noise, don't know if it is the suspension or what, like you would get if it needed a lube job. It has been checked, with no decrease in squeak.
If anyone has had this problem, what did you do to fix it, or if not, what can I do to fix it?
Thanks. I couldn't find anything in the archives.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I get this same squeak, I noticed it a month or so ago. Haven't done anything about it yet. I will take a closer look at it when I get some more time.. Btw, what did the dealer tell you it was?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I have the same thing.... its like a squeaking/unsticking noise.

I believe it is the brakes as it only happens when the car has been sitting for a while when I first get in. I think its the pad lightly rubbing the disk which as rusted slightly from sitting over night.

As we know the rotors seem to rust fairly quickly.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Does it come from the front or back? Does it do it only when in park. How about if you have the brakes pressed?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think Gonzo may be right. I only noticed squeak in the morning when I get in, coming from the rear driver side wheel (though I am sure they the other rear wheel makes that noise too). May car is parked at a slight slope so I can see how the brakes would make that noise with the parking brake on. I need to see if this noise occurs when the park brake is not on. Will check tonight.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have had the same squeak off and on for about 6 mos. It comes from the rear end. I noticed it went away after we have had some rain. It comes back after a few weeks. Then goes away when it rains again. It must be some suspension bushings that are getting dirty.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The squeak doesn't come from the brakes being rusty, as it happens getting out after driving for awhile just as often as when I get in first thing in the morning. I am not sure where it comes from, seems to be more from the rear than the front, but mostly mid-vehicle.
The dealer didn't say what it was or might be, imagine a dealer not giving a straight answer. :rolleyes:

I can't say it happens everytime I get in or out, but it does happen more often than it should in a $30K+ vehicle.

If anyone finds out what it is, please post it.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I've never heard mine when leaving the car. If it helps I do not use the parking brake when I park and I hear it on mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Squeaking

There are two rubber pads on the left and right side were the back hatch touches the body. Place some vaseline on each one and the problem will go away.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Its the parking brake. The parking brake on the Murano doesn't hold that tightly unless you really jam the pedal down, and when you get out of the car, it rocks slightly, causing the sound. At least that is the case with my Murano.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Sounds like what I had. You could simple sit on the drivers seat, stand up, squeak.

For me it was the exhaust. Let the car cool down, get under it and move the piping in front of muffer. On mine a hanger was causing the squeak.

·
4,994 Posts
My body been squeeking and creaking for 20 yrs.

My Dr. says is arthritis. And my warranty is expired.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Re: My body been squeeking and creaking for 20 yrs.

GripperDon said:
My Dr. says is arthritis. And my warranty is expired.
Did you get extended warranty???????????

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I am pretty sure my creaking (the car!) is dry suspension/miscellaneous rubber bushings. We don't get any rain in the summer and it is at its worst about now. As soon as it starts to rain in earnest, it gets much quieter.
In the old days, they had a product called "Ruglide", or "RubberLube" which they liberally sprayed on all the underbody rubber when the car was greased. It quieted everything down nicely....

·
4,994 Posts
Re: Re: My body been squeeking and creaking for 20 yrs.

zebelkhan said:

Did you get extended warranty???????????
It was too expensive for what I could spend when the body was issued and now it really unafforadable. Besides they none of the new parts fit.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
ekaxel said:
I am pretty sure my creaking (the car!) is dry suspension/miscellaneous rubber bushings. We don't get any rain in the summer and it is at its worst about now. As soon as it starts to rain in earnest, it gets much quieter.
In the old days, they had a product called "Ruglide", or "RubberLube" which they liberally sprayed on all the underbody rubber when the car was greased. It quieted everything down nicely....
Yeah, thats right!
Bring back the memories!
Used something called Bushing Lube back in the late 70s when I lived in Arizona.
Had a gel like teflon in it.
Just had to have it in my Sunbeam Alpine.
Came in little throwaway tubes with maybe an ounce or two of goop in them.
Had to do it every couple of months or so.
Used it n the dry season.
We only had two seasons. Dry and torrential.

Homer

1 - 16 of 16 Posts