Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I’ve looked and looked and only thing I see for a bolt on performance exhaust is borla rear section. I can’t seem to find nothing and yes I know I can make my own with a flow master 80 and mods at the shop but that’s all fabrication. What I would like is a true bolt on cat back exhaust. Does anyone know of any even if they’re Chinese eBay ones or whatever? Also I’ve noticed that the Altima coupe exhaust has the exact same rear muffler when it comes to the hangers and way they’re positioned. Has anyone attempted a Altima exhaust install on their murano?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok so I’ve looked and looked and only thing I see for a bolt on performance exhaust is borla rear section. I can’t seem to find nothing and yes I know I can make my own with a flow master 80 and mods at the shop but that’s all fabrication. What I would like is a true bolt on cat back exhaust. Does anyone know of any even if they’re Chinese eBay ones or whatever? Also I’ve noticed that the Altima coupe exhaust has the exact same rear muffler when it comes to the hangers and way they’re positioned. Has anyone attempted a Altima exhaust install on their murano?
I too would be interested in this. I was gonna remove the tips for powder coating but it appears that they are welded to the muffler. I’m guessing that since the mo is a non performance oriented “family car”, the after market exhaust companies aren’t going to be putting any money into the r&d required to develop products.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So nobody has tried an Altima exhaust either?

I mean looks like you’d just have to add a length of pipe possibly due to wheelbase being longer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So nobody has tried an Altima exhaust either?

I mean looks like you’d just have to add a length of pipe possibly due to wheelbase being longer.
Better off gathering What you like & have it installed.
Magnaflow muffler; $131
Tips $99
Install $80

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Magnaflow muffler; $158
Tips $99
Install $80
I love those exhaust tips and placement that’s nice!!
are those 20” wheels? I just put 22” wheels on mine And love the look.
Do you mind giving me info on the tips like specs and such?
I am coming from a full bolt on tuned Q50 3.0T so I’m a bit jaded by sound and power lol. I am wondering did you remove the lower cat or resonator on yours and how do you like the sound?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love those exhaust tips and placement that’s nice!!
are those 20” wheels? I just put 22” wheels on mine And love the look.
Do you mind giving me info on the tips like specs and such?
I am coming from a full bolt on tuned Q50 3.0T so I’m a bit jaded by sound and power lol. I am wondering did you remove the lower cat or resonator on yours and how do you like the sound?
They are 20x8.5 wheels, +38 offset with 265’s.
Tips are MMI, 2.5” in & 4” out.
Only the muffler replaced.
Just enough difference in sound to know it’s not stock. I don’t think any more sound would fit with the type of vehicle the murano is or how a cvt operates.
But then again, I’m 58 years old and a bit more laid back than the younger crowd.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Magnaflow muffler; $131
Tips $99
Install $80
I'd be interested in the part # of the Magnaflow muffler and tips, and hopefully a few pictures of the muffler itself and how it's hung.

Thanks for anything you've got.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are 20x8.5 wheels, +38 offset with 265’s.
Tips are MMI, 2.5” in & 4” out.
Only the muffler replaced.
Just enough difference in sound to know it’s not stock. I don’t think any more sound would fit with the type of vehicle the murano is or how a cvt operates.
But then again, I’m 58 years old and a bit more laid back than the younger crowd.
thanks I appreciate the reply and help!

I think I’ll start with the same just muffler mod and if I want more maybe replace or mod lower cat or resonator.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd be interested in the part # of the Magnaflow muffler and tips, and hopefully a few pictures of the muffler itself and how it's hung.

Thanks for anything you've got.

Have a good day.
Looks like the tips I have are not available anymore, but there are dozens of other choices.
The muffler was hung using stock hanger locations.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks I appreciate the reply and help!

I think I’ll start with the same just muffler mod and if I want more maybe replace or mod lower cat or resonator.
No problem.
It seemed like after a couple of weeks the mufflers sound increased from what it was after initial install.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Magnaflow muffler; $131
Tips $99
Install $80
Looks great anyway you could post a few pics of the muffler installed from underneath. I went to a local so called Custom exhaust shop and they tell me it’s not enough room to do this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts