Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I've poked around a bit finding pieces of information which have been very helpful but I just wanted to be clear on a few things.

I have a Phoenix Gold SA1.5x AMP and a speaker box with 2 12" Kenwood Subwoofers. The amp does not have auto sense so I know I need to run the remote from the Bose Amp.

Bottom line: Can anyone tell what each wire coming out of that Bose amp is for? Obviously I need to know which is the remote wire. What other wires do i need to tap into to make this happen and their corresponding color. I see there are two sets of Pin connectors (1 Blue set and 1 White set.)

I saw a post with the colors for the connectors coming out of the HU but nothing on the AMP.

If you need any more information let me know. I hope I've asked the right question.

·
Registered
281 Posts
connector B114 white
1- Y -pwr
17-BK-gnd
2- bk- L- Woofer
18-wh- L+
3- o - R-
19-bk/p-R+

connector B115 blue
31 - gn/w- remote

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A friend of mine said I would have to run a new remote line from the batter to power the amp that I have (PHoenix Gold SA1.5x)

Is that necessary or can I tap the remote that is running the bose amp?

·
Registered
629 Posts
mister2332 said:
A friend of mine said I would have to run a new remote line from the batter to power the amp that I have (PHoenix Gold SA1.5x)

Is that necessary or can I tap the remote that is running the bose amp?
The remote lead is simply for signaling the amp when to turn on -- powering the amp is a different story. I don't know the specs on the SA1.5X, and it's too late and I'm too tired to look right now. :)

If the power draw is low enough, you can tap into the tailer hitch power lead that runs through the trunk. If it's a high-draw amp, you'll want a dedicated line from the battery. For a single amp you can get away with 8ga. wire, just fuse your line close (within 18") of the battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts