Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,234 Posts
Bose responds again!

Bose sent me the following email in response to my reply. I've included my answer back.

Bose:
Hi Paul,
I will make sure your comments are added to our Consumer feedback database.
I would like to send you a demonstration disc that has been created by our System Engineering Team, if you can listen to this cd and provide feedback on what songs best demonstrate your concerns that would be great.

What is the address you would like me to ship the disc to ?

My reply:
Thank you for the concern. I will make use of the CD and get back to you with the results. I have an appointment at 10 AM tomorrow.

Well it's kind of nice that someone is paying attention, although I don't know if we'll get any kind of concrete results.

I'm still waiting for the AX-DSP and T-harness to arrive, which should give some quality audio back to the Bose system.

Have a good day.

·
Super Moderator
8,667 Posts
That's a great response! Actually sending you a CD and asking for specific information?? Greatly exceeded my expectations so far.

Reactions: Frank Shap

·
Super Moderator
1,234 Posts
The saga continues!

To keep you in the loop, I went to my Nissan dealer this morning to be told that Nissan Nav. had sent the wrong SD card, not for my system.
Went back home and called the support # that came with the SD card. After acknowledging that the wrong chip was sent, and weren't sure if the correct SD card will resolve the audio issue, they first wanted me to send them the chip back and then they would send the correct chip.
After strenuously explaining that basically you can't drive the car without the SD card inserted, they relented and plan on sending a replacement AFTER contacting Nissan Corp on how to proceed.
No time frame, and NOTHING stated about what happens if the "Correct" SD card doesn't resolve the Bose functions and listenability of the system.
I'm very disappointed and after letting this run it's course, if it's not resolved correctly, I'll seriously be considering legal action. This is not right!

That's the response I sent back to Bose when they emailed me that they were sending the CD. Looks like Bose has been in contact with Nissan about MY issue and now all the emails have CC to someone at Nissan corp. Now it's a waiting game!

Have a good day.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I know this isn't necessarily Bose fault but what's up with the Canadian version not having HD Radio? I don't think it's a licencing issue of any sort since other cars in Canada have it. I'm hoping there is a good reason for this....

Anyone have any insight or walk through on how to get it on the Canadian model?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The system is awful but...(I didn't read the thread because there is to much to read :)) but there is a pretty big improvement if... You turn on speed sensitive volume adjustment, it makes a huge difference in the sound. I normally always turned off the feature on all my cars in the past but here I actually have to keep it on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a 2018 Murano Platinum and was expecting a great musical experience...but i'm extremely disapointed from what this Bose system gives me!!! I just finished going through the Nissan Connect Owner's Manual thinking there was something somewhere i could set to get more Bass and a higher volume. I thought ''There must be a Subwoofer volume control so we can adjust those two subs'' with the way they boast the publicity regarding this Bose system. Nope!!! I had bought a Nissan Altima SE 3.5L V6 back in 2007 and was impressed by the Bose system it came with so i was contemplating the idea that, in 2018, it would be even better...wow what an horrible suprise!

Please keep me posted if someone finds a way to improve this PROBLEM.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I am disappointed in the Bose system in my Murano as well. I think the Gen 2 system sounded better in terms of sound stage and usable volume. The Gen 3 is clear up to medium volume, but not that warm. Hoping the speakers break in a bit over time.

I assumed the new Bose system would support lossless audio such as FLAC or ALAC, but it does not. I have only ALAC files on my iPod Classic and my iPhone,so it must down convert them? I feel the iPod sounds better than the phone, but it could just be my ears playing tricks on me :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
After a couple days with system I have one complaint. The usb1 doesn’t always read properly. Usually pulling it out and wiping makes it work again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bose support number

Hello,

I felt that the bose system in my Murano was under powered too. I called Bose using the automotive support number and they kinds said its just like Nissan set it up that way. They are sending me a CD to listen to and then I can report what tracks sounded the worst to them but the support agent didn't sound hopeful. Anyway if you guys want the number I will list it below. Maybe if enough of us complain they will do something about the issue.

Here is the support number 1800 231 2673

·
Registered
9 Posts
Quite satisfied with the Bose system in my 2018 SL. Exceptional mid-range and highs, in fact. I'm not a bass head, so loud, low thumps never impressed me much and tend to detract from the overall sound. That said, the low end in this system is more than satisfactory to my ears. The clarity of vocals and instrument separation are most impressive.

As a devoted audiophile with over 15K lossless and high-resolution recordings, I was hoping I'd be able to play many of my FLAC or WAV files on this system, but that's not an option yet. However, I've got to admit that 320 bitrate MP3 files sound quite sweet on this system. I have no complaints.

YMMV, of course.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this response is late to the game with this thread but I'd like to throw in my two bits. We just acquired the 15 MO platinum and my wife thinks the sound sux. I think it is more than adequate and performs well. Happy wife, happy life, so I contacted a local audio haus to get their take. This is what I was told with respect to having so many speakers up front (7 just from the front doors forward). You need to look at your audio experience as that of a concert, sitting in the pit, with the performance in front of you as apposed to a movie theater where the sound is all around you. If you look at it in this light, it kind of makes sense. He told me that even car audio pro competitors very rarely have any speakers farther back than the second row. That being said, 'surround sound' would be nice but due to positioning restrictions in autos, it's pretty hard to get right.

He also told me he could replace the bose speakers with Alpine and it would run me $1000 to do so but it would give much better clarity, as long as I didn't need more volume. Nope. Cant see dropping a grand on speakers.

Currently my settings are bass all the way up then back one notch, treble up 3/4 to full, fade is all the way to the back then up two notches. That simulates surround the best I can get it with the limited controls available.

·
Registered
2017 Murano SL Platinum
18 Posts
Am I being a little too picky?

My 2016 SL is advertised as having an 11 speaker BOSE sound system with dual subwoofers...

While I'm no audiophile, I have to say that the stereo is very week. I mean, it's not very loud. The low end is weak. Mids and highs appear to be okay.

In order to get any volume out of this stereo I have to turn it up to about 50%.

I feel like my old Ford Escape had more range and a louder system than what I have now.

Am I alone here?

Does anyone have any suggestions on tweaks to the system that will help to optimize the sound?
The SL comes with the 6 speaker audio, if you do not see the Bose logo on the speaker grilles on the dash columns then it's not the Bose 11 speaker system, nevertheless, I do have the Bose in my Platinum SL and although it sounds better than the base audio package, it's nothing to write home about either, it's just slightly better. The hitch is that it's sooooooo tied into the vehicles heartbeat messing with it will bring a world of hurt. The only car I every drover that had an awesome OEM stereo was the Dodge Charger/Challenger with the Alpine audio packed, that rocked! but even still the Bose speaker plays loud and sounds good enough in my books, it you are looking for earth shaking, time to visit your local car audio shop and go all nuts on it, they will hook a brother up to blow the windows out. :)

·
Registered
620 Posts
I know this response is late to the game with this thread but I'd like to throw in my two bits. We just acquired the 15 MO platinum and my wife thinks the sound sux. I think it is more than adequate and performs well. Happy wife, happy life, so I contacted a local audio haus to get their take. This is what I was told with respect to having so many speakers up front (7 just from the front doors forward). You need to look at your audio experience as that of a concert, sitting in the pit, with the performance in front of you as apposed to a movie theater where the sound is all around you. If you look at it in this light, it kind of makes sense. He told me that even car audio pro competitors very rarely have any speakers farther back than the second row. That being said, 'surround sound' would be nice but due to positioning restrictions in autos, it's pretty hard to get right.

He also told me he could replace the bose speakers with Alpine and it would run me $1000 to do so but it would give much better clarity, as long as I didn't need more volume. Nope. Cant see dropping a grand on speakers.

Currently my settings are bass all the way up then back one notch, treble up 3/4 to full, fade is all the way to the back then up two notches. That simulates surround the best I can get it with the limited controls available.
I also played with the idea of bringing the balance to the rear but found that volume along with bass and treble suffered allot at the front. Makes music sound very flat with no life..

Wish we could leave the front the way it is and just boost the rear volume a bit.

·
Registered
369 Posts
The SL comes with the 6 speaker audio, if you do not see the Bose logo on the speaker grilles on the dash columns then it's not the Bose 11 speaker system, nevertheless, I do have the Bose in my Platinum SL and although it sounds better than the base audio package, it's nothing to write home about either, it's just slightly better. The hitch is that it's sooooooo tied into the vehicles heartbeat messing with it will bring a world of hurt. The only car I every drover that had an awesome OEM stereo was the Dodge Charger/Challenger with the Alpine audio packed, that rocked! but even still the Bose speaker plays loud and sounds good enough in my books, it you are looking for earth shaking, time to visit your local car audio shop and go all nuts on it, they will hook a brother up to blow the windows out. :)
The Bose system was better in Gen 2. Something happened in Gen 3. It's not awful IMO but its a noticeable difference.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts