Nissan Murano Forum banner

BOSE Audio System

43K views 41 replies 29 participants last post by  vortex 
#1 ·
Am I being a little too picky?

My 2016 SL is advertised as having an 11 speaker BOSE sound system with dual subwoofers...

While I'm no audiophile, I have to say that the stereo is very week. I mean, it's not very loud. The low end is weak. Mids and highs appear to be okay.

In order to get any volume out of this stereo I have to turn it up to about 50%.

I feel like my old Ford Escape had more range and a louder system than what I have now.

Am I alone here?

Does anyone have any suggestions on tweaks to the system that will help to optimize the sound?

#32 ·
Bose support number

Hello,

I felt that the bose system in my Murano was under powered too. I called Bose using the automotive support number and they kinds said its just like Nissan set it up that way. They are sending me a CD to listen to and then I can report what tracks sounded the worst to them but the support agent didn't sound hopeful. Anyway if you guys want the number I will list it below. Maybe if enough of us complain they will do something about the issue.

Here is the support number 1800 231 2673

#34 ·
Quite satisfied with the Bose system in my 2018 SL. Exceptional mid-range and highs, in fact. I'm not a bass head, so loud, low thumps never impressed me much and tend to detract from the overall sound. That said, the low end in this system is more than satisfactory to my ears. The clarity of vocals and instrument separation are most impressive.

As a devoted audiophile with over 15K lossless and high-resolution recordings, I was hoping I'd be able to play many of my FLAC or WAV files on this system, but that's not an option yet. However, I've got to admit that 320 bitrate MP3 files sound quite sweet on this system. I have no complaints.

YMMV, of course.

#35 ·
I know this response is late to the game with this thread but I'd like to throw in my two bits. We just acquired the 15 MO platinum and my wife thinks the sound sux. I think it is more than adequate and performs well. Happy wife, happy life, so I contacted a local audio haus to get their take. This is what I was told with respect to having so many speakers up front (7 just from the front doors forward). You need to look at your audio experience as that of a concert, sitting in the pit, with the performance in front of you as apposed to a movie theater where the sound is all around you. If you look at it in this light, it kind of makes sense. He told me that even car audio pro competitors very rarely have any speakers farther back than the second row. That being said, 'surround sound' would be nice but due to positioning restrictions in autos, it's pretty hard to get right.

He also told me he could replace the bose speakers with Alpine and it would run me $1000 to do so but it would give much better clarity, as long as I didn't need more volume. Nope. Cant see dropping a grand on speakers.

Currently my settings are bass all the way up then back one notch, treble up 3/4 to full, fade is all the way to the back then up two notches. That simulates surround the best I can get it with the limited controls available.

#37 ·
I know this response is late to the game with this thread but I'd like to throw in my two bits. We just acquired the 15 MO platinum and my wife thinks the sound sux. I think it is more than adequate and performs well. Happy wife, happy life, so I contacted a local audio haus to get their take. This is what I was told with respect to having so many speakers up front (7 just from the front doors forward). You need to look at your audio experience as that of a concert, sitting in the pit, with the performance in front of you as apposed to a movie theater where the sound is all around you. If you look at it in this light, it kind of makes sense. He told me that even car audio pro competitors very rarely have any speakers farther back than the second row. That being said, 'surround sound' would be nice but due to positioning restrictions in autos, it's pretty hard to get right.

He also told me he could replace the bose speakers with Alpine and it would run me $1000 to do so but it would give much better clarity, as long as I didn't need more volume. Nope. Cant see dropping a grand on speakers.

Currently my settings are bass all the way up then back one notch, treble up 3/4 to full, fade is all the way to the back then up two notches. That simulates surround the best I can get it with the limited controls available.
I also played with the idea of bringing the balance to the rear but found that volume along with bass and treble suffered allot at the front. Makes music sound very flat with no life..

Wish we could leave the front the way it is and just boost the rear volume a bit.

#36 ·
Am I being a little too picky?

My 2016 SL is advertised as having an 11 speaker BOSE sound system with dual subwoofers...

While I'm no audiophile, I have to say that the stereo is very week. I mean, it's not very loud. The low end is weak. Mids and highs appear to be okay.

In order to get any volume out of this stereo I have to turn it up to about 50%.

I feel like my old Ford Escape had more range and a louder system than what I have now.

Am I alone here?

Does anyone have any suggestions on tweaks to the system that will help to optimize the sound?
The SL comes with the 6 speaker audio, if you do not see the Bose logo on the speaker grilles on the dash columns then it's not the Bose 11 speaker system, nevertheless, I do have the Bose in my Platinum SL and although it sounds better than the base audio package, it's nothing to write home about either, it's just slightly better. The hitch is that it's sooooooo tied into the vehicles heartbeat messing with it will bring a world of hurt. The only car I every drover that had an awesome OEM stereo was the Dodge Charger/Challenger with the Alpine audio packed, that rocked! but even still the Bose speaker plays loud and sounds good enough in my books, it you are looking for earth shaking, time to visit your local car audio shop and go all nuts on it, they will hook a brother up to blow the windows out. :)

#41 ·
I purchased a new 2015 Nissan Murano, first Nissan, currently with 50k, I give the car a good rating, I have one complaints & one irritation first and foremost is the sound system, I am in my mid seventy's and have purchase a few autos over the years, I must say this is the worst system i have ever had in a vehicle, I had cars in the 60's that were better, Had I noticed this before purchase I might never have bought the car. I was thinking of an aftermarket system, but then it is almost trade in time. I am not sure if I have the Bose system or not (I will have to look) but I would expect a decent sound system in a 35k/40k auto. The irritation comes in the form of the transmission, it just doesn't feel that positive at slow speeds. I really do like the Murano and will proboly get another, Nice looking , good ride, power seems on par. I get pretty good millage. A lot to like, not much to complain about jmop

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.