Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Bose audio system in my 2005 Mo will only display the track number of a CD. It will not display the album title or track title. I have tried a dozen CDs published from mid 1990's to 2002. Does this feature work for CD's? How?

JeffC

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I read somewhere that production CDs seldom have the info required for the display to show the text. I have also read that if you copy the CD using Nero burning sofware you can add the text yourself during the process and then it will be displayed on your system when you play it. I have not tried it myself but I recall a few posts reporting success.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yep.

Most commercial CDs still don't have the text features. If you try to get the Bose to show the CD text, you'll get something like a "No Title" message.

And Nero (the latest versions) will let you put the Artist, CD, and Track titles on the CD. I found this out by accident. I was copying a music CD that was too big for the "CD Copy" drill. So I created a compilation and was asked for the artist and CD title. Didn't know to go back to the individual tracks and enter the song titles.
The boss lady played the CD in her ride and each track displayed "Greatest Hits 1", "Greatest Hits 2", etc.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought that might be the case, but the info is displayed when I play these CD's with Windows Media Player so I wasn't sure. WMP must be picking up the info from the 'net. I'll look to see if my version of Roxio will let me add the info.

Thanks.

JeffC

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i think WMP has an online data bank that recognizes the cd and then the song titles pop up.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yup. WMP can read the text info from a text-enabled CD.
If the CD doesn't have text, WMP will try to retrieve it from the 'Net.

That's why Spybot S&D will alert about WMP if it is installed. WMP sends information out over the net without you knowing about it.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I know I'm being picky here...

Has anyone else been bothered by the fact that you can't tell the Bose system to display the track title, etc., if it is present, otherwise just default to the track number? You have to go into the settings and manually tell it to display track number, or track name, etc. If you have it set for track name on a CD with CD-Text, and then switch to a CD without the CD-Text info, it just shows "No title" or whatever, and doesn't tell you what track number you're on! How annoying!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts