Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having problems with the player when it is in the random mode with it starting to play cd at the end of the song or sometimes not even starting to play the cd? Just flashes which disc and which track

·
4,664 Posts
No.

Make sure all your CD's are in good shape, then take it back for a warranty replacement. They'll probably have to order one in. So it might take a couple of visits. First one to confirm the problem, the second to swap it out when they get it.

Mine works fine....

·
4,664 Posts
If you aren't messing around changing tracks, the unit buffers the CD and it will start changing to the next one, while still playing the end of the previous one from the buffer.

Shouldn't be a big gap between disks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
enforcer, I have both cds and cdr's in my player. I'll have to watch and see if it happens only on the cdr's

·
4,664 Posts
I have all CDRs, except for one disk. I don't like putting the originals in, plus, most CD's don't report the artist/cd/track info, so I add that.

Doesn't seem to make a difference.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
After a nine hour drive today, played in random all the time...no problems. 6 store-bought CDs.

It's probably broke like jaak says and needs warranty service, but cover all your bases first. Before the dealer goes tearing your dash apart. Some dealers are better than others. I shouldn't be so negative...but I am when it comes to dealers! They can break more stuff while trying to fix something than...

Only reason I mention CD-Rs is because they aren't all the same and have been known to do weird things in car players, even those that are supposed to play them. The Bose err Clarion unit is supposed to play them.

Also check your CD's just to make sure they arn't scratched.

·
4,664 Posts
In the Murano, it's really easy to swap out, if the service tech can read.

Pull off the bezel around the display, pull down the covers underneath, four screws and the whole assembly comes out. Disconnect the wiring harness connectors, and the harness to the control board, 12 more screws, then put the new one in, in the reverse order.

Decent tech can do it in 10 minutes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts